Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieving source from WebHelp Output

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using RoboHelp x5.

We are trying to retrieve the source from a WebHelp output containing around 4000+ topics. I saw the mail thread reg. this which redirected me to the URL http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#MonthlyScry/062004.htm. This site provides the step by step procedure for retrieval. However, due to the volume of the project, doing these steps manually for each topic is very tedious. Is there an easier way of doing this? Thank you in advance for any solutions provided.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using a Find and Replace tool. FAR HTML is a good one and well worth the small expenditure.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that.

But what I am looking for is an automated way of recreating the ToC and the Context Sensivity. I know I am asking for too much, but I just wanted to check out if there is any way.

If we know how the .hhc, .h and .ali files are being translated in the output, it will help. Does anyone know about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HHC gets spread across a number of wh* files. I'm not sure which ones but I think it might be in the help. Whether or not you can reverse engineer them is another matter.

The .h and .ali files have to be given to your developers I believe so can they retrieve copies?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter.

I have a good news to share on this. I started digging into the wh* files and found that the file whcshdata.htm contains the data related to context sensitivity. There is a list of lines similar to the following:

SetCsh(0,"FM_MNGRLN",243,"LR/grant_LR_screen.htm");

In this, 0 is the serial number which we can ignore. M_MNGRLN represents the Topic ID, 243 is the Map ID and LR/grant_LR_screen.htm is the topic and its path. We can use these data to reconstruct the .h and .ali files which will re-establish the context sensitivity

I am continuing my search to find how TOC information is translated.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try the whtdatax.xml files in the whxdata directory. I don't know whether they are available for X5 though.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you William, that was a useful tip.

I presume that the x in whtdatax.xml indicates a number that can range from 0 to n. For, I noticed a set of such files, which, when put together, forms the ToC. We just have to find and replace a few tags and we get the .hhc file. Thank you once again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Your assumption is correct. Also take a look at whgdatax.xml and whidatax.xml. Those hold the glossary and the index.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seek and ye shall find.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp