• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't upgrade from RH7 to RH9 because of corrupted files

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Approximately a year ago my computer crashed and I had to install RH7 on a new computer and reload the back-up of my projects. It works fine but not perfect. Every tme I open a poject I get the messeges shown below but besides it is annoying it hasn't had any influence on my projects. But now I want to upgrade the projects to RH9 and when I open a project in RH9 I'm asked if I want to upgrade and I click Yes and get the same messeges as shown below and then one more telling me that my .cpd-file is corrupt. I have tried to delete the .cpd-file, didn't work. I have tried to open the projects using the HHP-file, didn't work either. So nowI'm getting a little frustrated as my deadline for upgrating is coming closer. Any ideas any one?

rhkkeyword-apj.jpgrahkeyword-apj.jpgroot-fpj.jpgcpd.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of those problems where you have to weigh up the time spent to fix the problem against the time it will take to simply import the topics into a new project.

How big is the project? Roughly how many topics?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

It was nice meeting you at the UA-Conference in Brighton - I did talk to you about upgrading from RH7 to RH9 Server. But before going to the Server solution I want to see how it works out opgrading to RH9 so I'm using the 30 days trial version to do that.
My project consist of one main project and seven 'subprojcts' that are merged into the main project.
There approximately five hundred topics all togethe with an index of 2500+ keywords so I really hope there is a solution to my problem

Best regards
Ulrik Siiner, 3F
Denmark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not recognising you.

I'm not sure of the cause but it would be a lot easier if you can share the projects. See the Contact Page on my site. Ideally send the RoboHelp 7 version so that I can work on that or attempt to upgrade.

Please include a link back to this thread when sending the projects.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

It's really nice of you to offer your support.

I couldn’t send the RH7-project (divided in eleven zip-folders) with CuteSENDIT, I tried several times but it didn’t work (Captcha failed!?) so I will upload each RH7 project in its own zipfolder to Dropbox instead (except project CRM where I have to upload the !SSL!-folder separately because of the size limit. All the folders from the folder mergedprojects in 3F Webhjælp is taken out of the folder and zipped in two files, CRM in one file and the six others in another file.

The main project is 3F Webhjælp and the project-folders from mergedprojects are also uploaded seperately due to their size. Hope you can solve the puzzle of the eleven zipfolders and that I haven’t forgot any folders or files.

One projects (Hardware) contains illegal characters and can’t be zipped but it is a smaller project so I'll make a new project in RH9 and import the topics (and get rid of the illegal characters).

Best regards

Ulrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox is giving me grief!

Sorry but could you try www.acrobat.com SendNow or YouSendIt.

Had to smile about CuteSendIt. I had the same problem a few weeks back and they told me it was my browser. I've just contacted them again.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Ok, I'll drop Dropbox - I'll try Adobe's SendNow first. The size of my project is 294 MB when zipped in eleven folders and SendNow allows 500 MB in the free version. I hope they allow sending more than one file a day... or then I'll try your other suggestion.

Best regards

Ulrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fix but it is bizarre.

You have to add two files from a clean RoboHelp 7 project:

• RHFrameDocs.apj
  • RHFrameStyleMappings.apj

Then you upgrade the project to RoboHelp 8 and it will open. There will be an error message. Ignore it.

Then you upgrade again to RoboHelp 9 and it will open with no error messages.

I only downloaded two projects but it worked with both.

Adding those two files and going straight to RoboHelp 9 does not work.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to add that you have a number of wh* files in the source that you have added to baggage. Why? These are files that get created in the output every time so why are you uploading old versions?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter
My knowledge about source files is very limited, Matthew Ellison taught me about some of the more technical aspects of RH7 but I must admit that most of it is vaporized from my memory. Being the only one in the organization working with RH might result in a webhelp that is a colossus with feet of clay.
Should I delete some of the wh* files? and from wich folders?
Where in clean projct do Ifind the files RHFrameDocs.apj and RHFrameStyleMappings.apj?
Do you know if there is trial versions of RH8?
Thank you once again for your great help!
Best regards, Ulrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite simply you cannot get the trial version of RoboHelp 8 any more. The files you need would be in the root of any project.

If this were more straightforward I could simply perform the first upgrade for you but there are some things I don't understand:

WH* files

Why have these been added to the source and to baggage? That cannot be done accidentally, it is a deliberate action and I need to understand why it has been done. Were they there before you took over? The concern is that someone did this for a specific reason that removing them might reverse.

STRUCTURE

You sent me a number of zip files. Some of them seem to be just the outputs you create so I don't see why you sent them. Maybe you just thought I needed both source and output. The problem I am having is seeing how to stitch them all back together in the right structure. Maybe offline you could send me some screenshots of the folders on your PC.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if I've lost track of my project ... The following zip folders are projects: 3F Webhjælp - 3Fdok - Aurora - Komet + (project only contains links to documents on a SharePoint Server) - MindKey - HCM - Telephoni - Targit - CRM.

If I understand it right, the !SSL! folder is created after generating a project and just to be on the safe side I mailed you everything in the in the RoboHelp7Data folder (maybe this was overkill) just delete the !SLL! folders if necessary.

The same with the wh-files, they are probably very old stuff dating back to when I was visiting Matthew in Ringwood where I had a 3 day course of RH7.
I haven't had the nerves to delete anything yet but everything that's generated, moved and created within the folders and not from working in RH7 can be deleted.

All the projects can be treated like individually projects. Stitching them together can be done in RH9 - if I succeed getting there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp