• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Presenter 7 with office 2010. Please help

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I previously posted this under a different title, but wondered if I might get more help with a new title.

I have recently installed Office 2010 (not an upgrade from 2007). Normally I operate on a Mac, but I am using a PC for the specific purpose of using Presenter 7. I have a brand new version of windows XP Pro with sp3. I purchased Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, which installed successfully with the provided serial number. Presenter 7 is also included in the software, but there is not a separate serial number for it. 

Adobe recently announced that Presenter 7 would support Office 2010, but I have been on the phone with them all evening (first Customer Support, then Tech Support, then the install team, then Adobe Connect, and back to Customer Support) and nobody there has been able to help me get the program installed properly.

There are two problems.

1) When I use the Presenter 7 install disk, I am given an error that says "Microsoft PowerPoint cannot be detected." I have PowerPoint installed already (PowerPoint 2010). This error appears because at the time I purchased the software, Presenter 7 did not support Office 2010. So...

2) Then I go to http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/?promoid=DJDXB and click the download link to download a new version of presenter 7 that is compatible with MS Office 2010. But when I do this, it requires a serial number to install presenter 7. As I stated above, there is no serial number included in the software package.

I've also tried the "autoplay" tactic that I've read about online but it doesn't work.

This is very frustrating for obvious reasons. If Adobe's site says they support MS Office 2010 for Presenter 7, why am I unable to install?

Please help.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is this a 64-bit version of Office 2010? Presenter only works with 32-bit version. I had to install Powerpoint 2007 along with Office 2010 64-bit to be able to use Presenter 7.06.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is a 32-bit version of office 2010.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dear,

The reason you are unable to install Adobe Presenter 7 with PowerPoint 2010 is because both the Product have the same serial number and the installer provided in this link http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/?promoid=DJDXB needs a separate serial number in order to install Presenter.

So the Answer is it is not possible to install the Presenter 7 with PowerPoint 2010.

Reason:= This installer will only work if you have purchased the Presenter Separately.

Thanks!

Swetank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2010 Oct 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has now been put a link on the Presenter Homepage ( http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/ ) to download a installer which will find PowerPoint 2010.

Link is: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/presenter/win/presenter.msi

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2010 Oct 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paymakr,

I have a solution for you, which works:

With Microsoft Office 2010 installed, remove all versions of Adobe Presenter 7 you have tried so far, restart the system.  Install previous version of Microsoft PowerPoint 2003/2007 ONLY INSTALL POWERPOINT not all the additional office products.  Insert you Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended CD install Adobe Presenter 7, as a part of the install proceedure Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 will open and state do you want to disable the Add-in due to serious issues, click No.  Once Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 opens, close the software.

Goto http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=153&platform=Windows then download the following updates:

Once updates successfully installed open Adobe Presenter 7, it will automatically run Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 with no issues. Un-install Microsoft PowerPoint 2003/2007.

JOB DONE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2010 Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work if you have the 64-bit version of Office 2010?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Up till now I couln't get it to work on a 64-bit version of Office 2010 and I presume we will have to wait until the next version of Presenter. There is one blog post, published yesterday, about the installation of Presenter 7 from eLS2 and one about the issues with the activation if installed with the serail number of Acrobat Pro. I asked in a comment about the 64-bit version, but no answer yet. Both posts are very recently published:

Presenter installation via eLS2

Acrobat Pro and Presenter 7

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2011 Jan 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter 7 and Powerpoint 2010
CAN INSTALL WITHOUT HASSLE.
READ BELOW.

I HAD the problem as well and was searching the forums here. Well I tried to do a con job on the installer to see what would respond and first try DONE.

I am talking Windows 7, 32Bit, Office 2010.
I havent tested anything else so here goes.

---------
1. Go to Regedit
2. Navigate to the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office 2010\\Office14\\"
3. Export the Key (this key only)
4. Open it in Notepad and EDIT the 14.0 to 12.0 (only change 1 not both)
5. Save the file
6. Merge it into the registry again.
7. Install Presenter 7 smooth as ever.

AND IT WORKS So take note of the change

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot]

becomes

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me!  (Office 2010 with winxp 32) 

Thank you ktaisia. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to merge (step 6) it does not put the path file into the regestry.  I am not sure where is is going when I do the merge.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jess,

Basically if you export your Office Location from the Regedit, the .reg file will start with something as below

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Im using Windows 7 so this is how it looks, I have forgotten what it looks like in XP (if thats what you are using).

So All that you needed to change was the 14 and make it 12. This is because the Presenter (as good as it is) was programmed to look for the Office 12 Key in the Registry, I suppose they didnt think Micro$oft was going to release 14 so soon.

So my registry file would look like this below

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office14\\"

So to breakdown what this means is,

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 - is the version of the registry in my computer

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot] - This is the Key in the registry that Presenter looks for (note the 12 in bold)

"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office14\\"  - This is the path where office ACTUALLY LIVES.

We have conned the Presenter program and  told it that Office 12 is installed in the folder Office14

Because They are almost Identical programs, Presenter accepts the deal and installs to that folder.

Try it.

I cannot tell you what registry setting you are to use, because you might have office installed on a different drive, or different location etc.. so you Export the Key (the right Key) and Change 14 to 12 and you will win.

Cheers

Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you merge it back into the registry? I cannot figure out how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To merge the change back into the registry - do this:

Make sure you have saved the edited registry key in an easily accessible location such as your desktop.

Back in the Registry Editor, single-click on the "InstallRoot" entry again to ensure that it is the active target location for the import.

Go to the File menu and choose Import

Choose your edited file

Click all the appropriate OKs and exit the Registry Editor.

Should work like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks so much! I was right-clicking on the InstallRoot entry but there was no Import option. I learn something almost every day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhhh - Happy Friday to you.  You have absolutely made my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ktaisia.  First off, thanks for sharing!

I'm having trouble. When I go as far as [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\ , I have 8.0, 11.0, 12.0, AND 14.0.  HOWEVER, my PowerPoint/InstallRoot only exist under my 8.0 folder....???  I have a Win 7 64-bit desktop, but my Office is 32-bit because I needed to use Articulate. Now I need to use Adobe Presenter, and I can't get it to work..

Do you have any suggestions? I don't want to muck about with my registry without the advice from someone knowledgeable!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

its ktaisia here

I have a different alias because something went wrong with my account.

If I understand what you are saying then I might try below or you could add me on skype for step by step help (FREE)

I am opensource believer (anyway thats off topic)

You need to determine the folder that the office is installed in.

Firstly I have a new machine with 64bit Windows 7 but have not installed Presenter 7 yet.

How did you install it, with EL2? or just from the adobe download?

Let me know and I will copy the install and figure out what may be best for you.

Note, someone from adobe told me to stop making comments about the registry because some users are not capable. But dont worry everything i do is safe and reversible if you get stuck.

my skype ktaisia and the name will be Solomon Baka with a Rastaman icon.

Cheers

EDIT:

What version is the powerpoint you want to use. Needs to be 2007 or later

Message was edited by: solomonbaka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:44 PM

To: almacote

Subject: Unable to install Presenter 7 with office 2010. Please help

Re: Presenter 7 and Powerpoint 2010 - SOLVED

created by solomonbaka <http://forums.adobe.com/people/solomonbaka> in Adobe Presenter - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/4196730#4196730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Well, you should be asleep by now and I know that it’s the weekend, so, the next time you have a moment, I would really appreciate your expertise again. I will let you see my screen through MeetingBurner next time so you can verify that I’m doing things correctly?

Thanks again!!

-Alma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no development plan for Presenter 64-bit. Presenter will only install officially into Windows 64-bit or 32-bit but you must have MS Office 32-bit version. No plans for supporting MS Office 64-bit. Even Microsoft recommends to end-users that the 32-bit version be used unless you have very specific reasons for needing the 64 bit version of Office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2011 Aug 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT NEWS ON THIS TOPIC:

ADOBE PRESENTER 7.07 IS A MAJOR UPGRADE AND FIXES A WHOLE LOT OF INSTALL ISSUES. PLEASE GET THE CODE HERE:

http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/

TAKE A LOOK DOWN THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAGE AND SEE THE LINK THAT DISCUSSES CURRENT CUSTOMERS DESIRING THE UPDATE. THAT IS A COMPLETE DOWNLOAD OF PRESENTER. JUST HAVE YOUR SERIAL NUMBER HANDY.

TAKE NOTE:

1- ADOBE RECOMMENDS PRESENTER 7.07, ADOBE CONNECT 8.1.2, AND ADOBE CAPTIVATE 5.5 AS THE COMBINATION TRULY DESIGNED TO WORK GREAT TOGETHER

2. THERE IS A TRANSITION FROM ACTIONSCRIPT 2 TO ACTIONSCRIPT 3 IN THESE PRODUCTS AND THAT IS WHY WE RECOMMEND MAKING SURE YOU USE THESE VERSIONS FOR THE VERY BEST EXPERIENCE.

Adobe Connect 8.1.2 is being rolled out throughout August. It was released yesterday for download for on-premise customers and you can download from this location which includes instructions:  http://se.adobe.acrobat.com/eightdot1dot2

(It assumes and requires that you have updated your Adobe Connect Server o version 8.1.1 first)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2011 Aug 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for this post and I hope you do not mind adding some tips for present licensed users of eLearning Suite 2.0 or 2.5 (not sure yet if it also applies to users of eLS 1.0): this upgrade is FREE for you. This is the work flow to install a registered 7.0.7 version:

• Download the trial version (see link in previous post)
  • Uninstall the present version of Presenter (you can use the Software uninstall in the Control Panel)
  • Install the trial. Do not bother to enter your serial number in this phase because it will be marked as invalid.
  • Rerun the Setup file coming with eLS
  • Choose only Presenter to be installed, if necessary (was not so for me) enter your serial number
  • After the install, you will be able to register when opening Presenter.

This worked fine for me. I do use Windows 7 professional and eLS2.5. But it should work as well with Acrobat Suite and eLS 2.0. About eLS 1.0 I'm not sure yet, although RJ Jacquez mentions in his blog that this also shoudl be possible to upgrade for free.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I followed your workflow.

I am wondering if there is a way to know whether I have Presenter 7.07 has installed?

Thx,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure...launch Powerpoint...go to the Adobe Presenter Tab and I believe it is under that tab...maybe under help.....or run updates under the help or preferences tab.....I don;t have it running right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources