• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open URL or file - Want a relative relationship

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to link a button to another project using "Open URL or file." Unfortunately, the link appears to be absolute rather than relative, meaning that the button links only on my C drive in the folder where it was created (C:\Documents and Settings\...). It does not work when placed in any other location (folder or network) which means the package of project is not transferrable. How can I establish relative links instead?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You do not mention the version of CP? If it is CP4, did you install the update (go to Help, Updates)? It solved some issues with paths.

You can also edit the path (after browsing) or just type in the name of the wanted file instead of browsing to it. Be sure when publishing that all files are in the same place.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this information. Regrettably, the update installation did

not help, and when I type in the relative path, Captivate 4 throws a c:\

in front of it when published, again hard-coding the path.

Could I trouble you to explain "edit the path after browsing?"

Thank you agan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you browse to and choose a file to link to, you see a path such as C:\SomeFolder\SomeOtherFolder\SomeDocument.DOC.

I believe what is meant is that you remove everything leading to the SomeDocument.DOC. For my money, it's just simpler to type SomeDocument.DOC (or whatever the name of the file actually is) and then ensure it exists in the same folder location as the Captivate file.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

very nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources