Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending/Sharing/Linking Individual WebHelp topics

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH9 - webhelp - parent and 4 child projects

Is there a recommended (if any) way for a user to "share" a help topic by either downloading it as a file of some type, or by getting a link that would be (for lack of a better word) "internally consistent" regardless of the actual URL of where the user's webhelp has been installed?

Right now, we can copy and past into an email, which is fine but loses a lot of formatting. I tried saving a page using the standard browser save feature and several different formats (complete page, html only page, etc.), but when I try to open them either files are missing or it freezes the browser. Although saving only the topic frame as a complete page does work, I'm not sure it's the best solution.

Are there other options to consider? We're new to webhelp so apologies if I'm overlooking a rather simple solution.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snippet 114 and maybe 38 on my site may help except that you want something that works regardless of where the user has installed the help. I can't see how you are going to get a full URL if different people will have different installations. You may be able to work something out by looking at the end part of the path.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I just checked the script on Peter's site. The toolbar method on Peter's site may not work on RoboHelp 9 because RoboHelp 9 introduced DUCC which adds an extra frame. I updated my Toolbar scripts to now include an Email function. The toolbar scripts also hold an example function (GetRelTopicURL()) that always gets the URL of the current topic. See http://www.wvanweelden.eu/robohelp/scripts/toolbarscripts

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp