• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AS 3 project swf compiled in flash builder(on mac) does not run on windows 7 machine

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!!

I have a as3 project that I'm building using flash builder 4.5. When I run or debug in FB it's fine, but when I move it to the windows 7 machine its going to live on nothing shows up. Not even the first function or any traces. I have tried to make the project into an air app but when I try to run it, the paths seem to be all messed up. I'm ok with dealing with the path issue later but for now and for testing I need to be able to just grab the swf that FB spits out and test it on the machine. Before you say use the flash ide the other developer uses only fb so if I can get it to work they will have to come to me everytime to compile if they just want to test something.

Thanks

Jorge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2011 Aug 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow this must be a tough one since no one has replied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SWF is platform agnostic and the same SWF should run fine on both Mac and Win.

However, Flash Builder does other things. If this is a web project, FB trusts the bin-debug folder so that cross-domain requests work.

Try Project -> Export Release Build and grab the SWF from bin-release. If that works on one computer, it will work on the other.

If you quickly want to run the same SWF, create a project with the same name on your win7 computer, copy the code over to its src folder. Wait for it to compile, and hit debug.

That should work. If it doesn't, post the exact error message you get.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

thanks for the help. the swf does work but only if i open it in flash cs5 not when i try and run it in the stand alone flash player. which is ok but i need it to go to full screen and in the cs5 it doesnt allow you to do that.

its a very weird and annoying issue that i have never come across before.

any other thoughts??

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok guys get ready for this one!

there where a couple of issues. yes it did help that i exported the project to the debug folder instead of  deploy folder we set up. but it still wasnt 100% right. so, one issue is that our asset swc was huge. we had everything under the sun in there. so, it would not compile correctly. how did i find this out you ask? i tried to run it in just the flash ide and it would compile so i knew something was super wrong. second, at some point somehow some of our text fields in the asset swc where converted to one of those new fangled tlf type text fields. we never added that swc to the compile path. somehow flash builder just ignored that and still built the swf but it mustve been corrupted to begin with.

so the morale of the story keep an eye on your assets!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines