• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I get this error: The method GET was not found in component...?

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using cfajaxproxy to create a JS object for a simple CFC. Whenever I attempt to invoke any method in this component, I get this error message in both the ColdFusion Ajax Logger window and in Firebug:

The method GET was not found in component c:\mypath\mycomponent.cfc

Of course, there is no method named "get" in this component and my code is not attempting to run a method by that name. Here's the code from the component:

<cfcomponent displayname="My Component" >

<cffunction name="test" access="remote" returntype="string" returnformat="JSON">
    <cfargument name="CityID">
    <cfreturn arguments.CityID>
</cffunction>

</cfcomponent>

And here is the code in the script that calls this (which is located in a different subdirectory from the CFC):

<cfajaxproxy cfc="myPath.myComponent" jsclassname="oMP">

<script type="text/javascript">

var objMP = new oMP();
</script>

<form NAME="frmMP" method="post" action="">

<input type="button" value="test" onclick="alert(objMP.test(384));return true;">

</form>

There are no problems when I invoke this test method in cfscript by instantiating the component and then calling the function.

Anyone have any clues as to what might be going on here? What is the significance of the reference to the GET method? Does this have something to do with HTTP GET?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one more clue from the ColdFusion Ajax Logger window. This is the "info:" type entry that appears in the logger just before the error message.

http: HTTP GET  /myDir/myComponent.cfc?method=test&returnFormat=json&argumentCollection=%7B%22CityID%22%3A%22347%22%7D&_cf_nodebug=true&_cf_nocache=true&_cf_clientid=DEC69B3E82CDD8762555CBECEA295069&_cf_rc=1

This makes me wonder if there is some issue with HTTP GET. Perhaps some kind of server configuration issue. BTW, this is a newly configured CF9 server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you try an consume your component method using a RESTful style URL call in a browser:

http://[MY_SERVER_NAME]/myDir/myComponent.cfc?method=test&returnFormat=json&other=vars&go=here

Do you get an error or do you receive your expected results in JSON format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation