• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Found a bug in Flashbuilder 4.5, with code to replicate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2011 Aug 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two classes, which are identical.  One will call the constructor.  The other does not call the constructor.  I think something may have gotten corrupted in the "renaming process" which renders the constructor invisible.  You can see when you rename the one class ParticleX_Woodchip1 to something else, the constructor is not renamed in the "renaming process".

It is very simplfied code.  Two classes with 2 trace commands each.  That is all there is.

http://www.goodnewsjim.com/general/AdobeConstructorBug.fxp

PS: Please fix typing lag in projects over 20k lines of code.  It is really hard to write nice procedural code in AS3 because the editor does too much processesing between typing letters.  I have a 48k line file, and there is sometimes 4 second delays between code.  I'd imagine that smaller files also have this type lag, but to a lesser extent that it isn't as noticible.  If you fixed this bug, coders around the world would become quicker coders.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Hi,

In your project, ParticleX_Woodchip1 class has its constructor misspelled as ParticleX_WoodChip1 (CAPS 'C'). That is why it is not renamed when you renamed the class. Are you referring to this same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In your project, ParticleX_Woodchip1 class has its constructor misspelled as ParticleX_WoodChip1 (CAPS 'C'). That is why it is not renamed when you renamed the class. Are you referring to this same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2011 Aug 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appologize for a flawed bug report.

I got my code working without this help.  I just didn't see what was wrong that I fixed.  This is why I filed a flawed bug report.

The only bug I know of now, is the type lag bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines