Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert video in a Lightbox in MUSE

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2011 Aug 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I´m starting using Muse for a website I´m makin (I´m not webdesigner, I was making it with iWeb, but it wasn´t enough for what I need), and I´m in troubles with Lightbox widget: I want to use it to show videos instead images, but I can´t do it. Someone knows how to do it? There´s a video tutorial where adobe says it´s possible, but they doesn´t explain how. Any help will be really wellcome!

Best

Gonzalo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Insert video in a Lightbox in MUSE |Adobe Community

I figured it out!! I was having the same problem of not being able to place the video into the lightbox but it's actually very simple. Once you've inserted the html object (anywhere on the page) just copy it (command+c) and then make sure you have the lightbox selected and paste it (command+v). Also, make sure the lightbox is the same dimensions as the video you're placing in. Worked like a charm!

To change the thumbnail image: just select the li

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 28, 2011 Aug 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the forum for Muse:

http://support.muse.adobe.com/muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2012 Oct 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

404 !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2012 Oct 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link instead:

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4771560#4771560>

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4771560#4771560#4771560

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the two above links round robin me back to this page... hmmm just what are the link limitations when posting to this forum?

I'll try an adobe tv iframe... I love those adobe guys for all the great video content they create... I couldn't get taught how to use these programs even in college... no offense to my professors... The more you know, the more you know you don't know... ya know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issues... until now.

Go to your Widget library.
Choose Compositions and then scroll down to Lightbox Display.
Drag in the Lightbox to your scene.

Click on the 1st thumbnail so its highlighted.
Go and grab the HTML embed code for your video.
Go back into Muse and whilst the thumbnail is highlighted goto the Object heading at the top of the screen and Insert HTML.
Paste your HTML Embed code there.
You will then see the video appear on the screen as a still.
Place this inside the lightbox.
Preview.
Works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the post Pixelkid. I seem to be have an issue with the last portion howver. I can't seem to place the video inside the lightbox. It can sit on top, but that is it. The thumbnail doesn't change either. And when I got back to that same object and go to object>insert HTML, the field is blank. What am I missing? Much obliged for any further light you can shed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lehestro! you just have to pick the Lightbox Display, which is in compositions and it's completely blank, not the one in slideshows.

Hope it works for you, it did for me.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out!! I was having the same problem of not being able to place the video into the lightbox but it's actually very simple. Once you've inserted the html object (anywhere on the page) just copy it (command+c) and then make sure you have the lightbox selected and paste it (command+v). Also, make sure the lightbox is the same dimensions as the video you're placing in. Worked like a charm!

To change the thumbnail image: just select the little thumbnail box and go to "Fill" and then choose an image. Make sure to change the image in all the different states since it is a hyperlink.

Hope this help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go and grab the HTML embed code ... erm ... from where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most sites make it available to you. Usually you find it  in the options that come up when you click the 'share' button on a video. However, most sites also allow uploaders to turn off embedding capabilities, so if you don't see the embed code, that is a possibility. But more often than not with a little poking around it's usually there to see without too much trouble.

The other option is to use a  browser that allows you to 'view source' web coding, like Chrome. This is more complicated, and you have to know some rudimentary (but still kind of daunting for the uninitiated) html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for that but what i want to do is to put a video file of my own onto my web site

the video is sitting on my HDD just waiting!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The videos still need to be hosted somewhere. Are you going to host them on your own web server, or directly on your site? If that's the case, I'm sure you have your reasons, but if all things are equal I'd suggest hosting the videos on youtube or vimeo. It'll save your site space and keep your data streaming low. Otherwise be prepared to learn some web coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again

I recently chopped my site completely in readiness for a fresh start. So I've got masses of space on my provider's server. Traffic is low, too, as there are very few pages up at the moment.

The video is that of a colleague and we are doing some work together.

I used to code my pages by hand, html and css, so a bit of coding isn't a problem EXCEPT I thought Muse would have something just to drag and drop into place for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellant, worked like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the same problem as lehestro when i click on the Lightbox then click the thumbnail > Object > Insert HTML copy and past the embedded code and click ok it just makes a new window that has nothing to do with the Lightbox.

What exactly do i need to do to make it work ive seen a youtube video Adobe Muse - Lightbox Effect for YouTube Video - YouTube and i follow these steps exactly and still just a yourtube video on my page not connected to the Lightbox in anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sjmslash, I did finally get it to work. Like glowmaker said, make sure to utilize the lightbox display widget from Compositions, not slideshows. When you paste the embed code it will slap the video randomly on your page, but if you place it into the lightbox, it should automatically become part of the lightbox. It also helps to delete any unwanted/unnecessary parts of the lightbox (like the slideshow thumbnails it comes with by default). Let me know if you still have any issues. I'd be happy to talk you through this if need be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lehestro thank you so much its working. YAY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I am confident that I am following the instructions to the letter, but when I insert my html, it merely places the actual html text within the viewer window. The thumbnail does not update, and if I return to object/insert html, the link I pasted is no longer there.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mackenzie, I can't speak to what's going wrong, but it's normal for the insert html box to be empty even after you've pasted stuff in there. It seems to refresh itself blank after every insertion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about a thumbnail? Is this supposed to generate one? I am not getting one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Compositions and then scroll down to Lightbox Display. Click on the 1st thumbnail so its highlighted. Go and grab the HTML embed code for your video. Go back into Muse and whilst the thumbnail is highlighted goto the Object heading at the top of the screen and Insert HTML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying this as well. I can't get it to be part of the lightbox. The video is a separate item when I insert the HTML. I would like it to be a part of a slideshow. Also, is there a way to insert a video from my hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BEEN STRUGGLING FOR DAYS there is a video expalining it here but what they don't Highlight is that

YOU HAVE TO USE THE LIGHTBOX DISPLAY  widget in the oflder COMPOSITIONS

NOT the LIGHTBOX WIDGET under slideshow. then its way more simple.

copy a vimeo widget from the social folder anywhere select the internal part of the light box where the image is  and you place the video into it adjusting the side.

I had found a video here

Adobe Muse CC 2018 - How to Create Video Gallery with Composition Widget (lightbox) - YouTube

this explains how

nobody just highlights

that you need the widget  composition/lightbox display

hope someone else who lost his time can now easily use it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines