Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 9 not publishing properly

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I am having a problem publishing my one RH project.  I am running RH9.0.1 and using WebHelp.

I have a number of projects on the same server, and everything else is publishng just fine, except for one certain project.  It seems to generate WebHelp without any trouble, but when I try to publish, it gets hung up on certain GIF files in the SSL folder.  I've tried to delete these files to get further in the process, but its not getting me anywhere, and when I go back into the project files, those that I deleted have reappeared.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I may be up against.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Linda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you seeing any specific error messages? I'm somewhat assuming you are as you say it's getting "hung up" on certain GIF files.

That would seem odd as images seldom actually change. So I'm wondering if this is a red herring.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I am sorry, I guess I felt out a key fact.  I am getting an error message stating, "Publishing has cancelled."  But that's it!  I am able to publish other projects, so I have no idea what is going on.

Thanks for your interest.

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

One thing to check is to look in the output folder and see if you have a file named "thumbs.db". That little monster can cause things to fail. It's a Windows file that gets created when you look at the folder using Thumbnails view.

Actually, I'd try just manually obliterating all files inside the generated folder and ensure it's in Details view. Then generate again and try the publishing bit. See if things improve.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

We are one step closer thanks to you and deleting the thumbs.db file.  I was able to publish and everything came through just fine except that the Search function doesn't work.  Does my search feature have anything to do with that file?

Thanks,

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda

No, that file is a Windows file that gets created in a folder when you choose to view it using Thumbnails view. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Search. The issue with Search will be a different issue.

Was Search working at one point, then stopped? Or is this the first time you have attempted to use Search? I know you used the Publish function to copy the files somewhere, but are they directly ending up on the server that serves the help? Or is there an intermediary person in the mix? If you have an intermediary person in the mix, you need to first ensure Search is working when you test locally before publishing. Assuming it's working on your side and not after you publish, you need to ensure your intermediary is properly copying all the content where it needs to go. (Sometimes they try to be sly and feel they don't really need to copy ALL the files)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

Search had always worked.  And it is very important to my users to have this feature functioning properly.  That's how they find the things they need, for the most part. My supervisor is the one trying to publish. And she is copying/using the entire project.  She said that she can see it being generated as the files go by.

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp