• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pause FMR recording and video playback capture not working??

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2011 Mar 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm trying to record full motion recording in CAPTIVATE, but the PAUSE feature looks like it is not working for me. I even tried to modify the shortcut key, but nothing works. Anybody else have this trouble or am I missing something obvius here?? I thought that maybe the FMR mode cannot be PAUSED, but nothing on that matter can be found in the manual.

Also, I'm trying to produce e-learning content for PREMIERE and SOUNDBOOTH. I've noticed that video playback within PREMIERE is not captured by CAPTIVATE. I've seen on the forum that others had this issue. Is version 5 of captivate behaving the same? Is it still not possible to capture onscreen video playback?

Any info here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Running MacOS 10.6.7, Captivate 5.  I've tried pausing the live recording (full motion) in Keynote (iwork 9) and PowerPoint (ms office 2011) and pausing doesnt pause in either one.  The only time Pause does work is if Captivate is in the foreground while recording.  End Recording keyboard shortcut works, just not Pause.

And it is definitely ONLY with FMR.  Works in Demo/Training mode.  Which is what I'm using as a fallback mechanism.

If anyone has solved this problem (with a certain key code combination), I'd be interested in knowing about it.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem where Captivate 5 in FMR doesn't respond to the Pause key, however I'm noticing that there hasn't been a solution supplied here.

Is there another location/forum where Adobe representatives for Captivate are actively monitoring questions and problems for this product?

-- Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Sam

SmithSam1914 wrote:

...Is there another location/forum where Adobe representatives for Captivate are actively monitoring questions and problems for this product?...

That venue would be known as the Wish Form. Link is in my sig.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll submit a wish/bug, as per Rick.

That said, if anyone finds a solution that'd be great. I was really hoping to use the Pause during FMR. I am having the same problem on Captivate 5.5 with Windows 7 SP1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources