• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Word Docs after recent upgrade

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2011 Aug 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RoboHelp Version 8.0.2.208 and importing Word docs (Word 2003 Pro) had worked perfectly. Recently, I leapt forward a couple versions to Word 2010 Pro and now when I try to import Word docs, I get the "Import Word Document Wizard cannot locate a supported version of Microsoft Word" error message. I get this message whether I try to import .doc or .docx documents.  I also cannot generate a PDF: get a "Cannot find Microsoft Word installed on your system" message.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What you need to do is upgrade to RoboHelp 9. Version 8 has no clue Word 2010 exists.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if that's the only solution, I guess I will have to continue creating PDFs of Word docs and import the PDF because upgrading to RoboHelp 9 is highly unlikely. And then I'm out of luck on getting any printed version of the RoboHelp project.

Thanks for the quick response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Sorry. There actually is another option, but given the fact you are using an upgraded Word I figured it wasn't worth mentioning. The other option is to reinstall Word 2003 and use it alongside Word 2010. I'm not sure, but Peter Grainge may have info on his site on how to do this.

Click here to visit Peter's site

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have more than one version of Word installed. Before you do anything in RoboHelp that is Word related you will have to close it and run Word 2003. That will run a small reinstallation that takes a minute or two. Then you can run RoboHelp and do whatever.

When you have finished, open the later version of Word.

RoboHelp is happy as long as a compatible version of Word is the last version of Word that was run.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok...I'll look into getting Word 2003 "put back" on my machine.

Thanks much for the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp