Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving changes

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with RH8. I notice

d today as I was making edits that the Save does not always work, or at least the asterisk will not disappear after I select Save All and the Save is greyed out at the same time. I elected to close the topic and when I reopened it, the edits I made were there so I believe they were saved. Anyone know why this is happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2011 Aug 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is a bug. I have never known Word not to save if Save All is clicked. If it didn't save you would get prompted when you close the topic.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I misstated. I meant "Robohelp" would not save. when I closed the

topic, it did not prompt me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't misunderstand you. What I was getting at is if you had any doubts about whether or not RoboHelp had saved because the asterisk was still showing, RoboHelp prompts for unsaved changes when you close a topic or the project. Thus if it did fail to save when clicking Save All it would still prompt you later but, as stated, I have never known Save All to fail.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 30, 2011 Aug 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the same thing happen today in RoboHelp 9 that luviola10 did in RoboHelp 8.

I Saved All and the * still showed on the topic tabs. The changes were saved, so it may be a bug.

Randi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randi,

so it's a bug that they did not fix in rh9...interesting. thanks for letting

me know because from the other comment I received saying the person had

never seen it, I feel that I'm not crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luviola

Please read my replies. I did not say that I had never seen RoboHelp fail to clear the asterisk, what I said was that I had never known it to fail to save the changes. Save All always works but it might fail to clear the asterisks.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2011 Sep 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I'm wondering if this is what you are seeing.

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but I am looking at RoboHelp 7 at the moment. And at least with RoboHelp 7 and the versions that follow, there are actually two different "Save" icons. One is for saving only the open component and the other is for saving everything.

Please refer to the image below:

tmp1.PNG

What I'm thinking may be at play here is that you are clicking the Save Component icon and expecting it to behave as if you clicked the Save All icon.

Normally I will remove the Save icon and leave behind only the Save All because that was happening to me. I'd click save and be perplexed that the asterisks failed to disappear from all but the topic I was working on.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2011 Sep 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick

I have seen this myself and I always use Save All. It's rare that it happens.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp