Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attaching files to a PDF form and Submission.

Former Community Member

I'm pretty new to LC (hence the sn) and running into a little problem.  Currently, I have created a form that allows the attachment of files.  Everything is fine and dandy as I am able to ADD, OPEN and DELETE any file as I'm filling out the form.  However, when I SUBMIT the form in an email to myself, the submitted PDF form does not have any of the files attached to the form.  What am I not doing?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Are you using Reader? If so did you Reader Extend the file to allow attachments to be added? If you are using Acrobat then it should not be an issue. I assume that you are submitting the entire PDF and not a data file right?

Paul

Level 1

Hi, I'm responding on behalf of AdobeNoobie122...

Thanks for your response Paul.  I’m currently using LC to develop/run the PDF.  It is in the PDF that I attach the files associated with my form and submit to myself.  Upon receiving the email, I notice the PDF is present without any of the attachments.  And yes, I am submitting the entire PDF and not a data file. 

Former Community Member

And do you have Acrobat or Reader on the machine that has Designer on it?

Paul

Level 1

Yes.  I have Acrobat on the same machine that LC Designer is on.

Former Community Member

Ok so it is not a permissions issue .....all I can suggest is that you send me the form and I try it here. SEnd it to Livecycle8@gmail.com ...include a description of how to duplicate the issue.

Paul