Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command line compile in RH9

Aug 31, 2011 Aug 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, folks.  We have TCS3.  We have things set up so that the nightly software build inlcudes the online help using the RHCL command.  After upgrading from RH7 to RH9 the WebHelp output (or any output) created from the command line appears to use only the basic default settings in RH.  I've gotten around the problem with the skin by renaming our custom skin to Default.  However, all other settings in the WebHelp wizard are still ignored (such as navigation buttons).  Additionally, the TOC is missing.  I've had the same problem using one of the Adobe-supplied sample projects.  Has anyone else had issues with this?  I've seen various posts about missing TOC, but nothing I've tried has resolved the problem here. Everything's peachy if we compile from inside the project but due to the project size, the fact that we keep it in RoboSource Control, network speeds, etc., it can take a couple of hours to complete a compile using that method.  The current work-around is to compile through RH then zip the WebHelp output and put it in a shared network location for the developers to grab in the nightly build.  It works, but it worked better using the command line compiler. If we could get it working, we'd all be relieved.  Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks a million!

Meghan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use command line generation but Bill Albing very kindly wrote an article that can be found on my site. Maybe something he has included in that will help you.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/command_line/command_line.htm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter, I have read that, it's actually printed out and sitting next to me on the desk.  In fact, I read it three times the other day hoping something would appear for me, but no dice.  I did report this as a bug, I know there are other folks on the forums who've had some problems with their command line compilers and RH9, so maybe there will be some sort of solution there.  Thanks!!

Meghan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no way of knowing that.

There is a link on the page to contact Bill. Maybe send him the link and ask him if he could take a look.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I know.  I was so frazzled by yesterday afternoon I probably left out several crucial details.  That being one.  I've looked in the WebHelp forum and RoboHelp HTML forum and tried various things I found there.  To successfully get the skin to work I had to rename the custom skin to Default, and that's a satisfactory work-around.  I haven't been able to find work-arounds for some of the other problems I've run into so I thought I'd take a shot at the forums.  It doesn't seem that a lot of people are compiling using a command line, but you never know...  *fingers crossed*

Meghan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp