• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing slides from Captivate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2011 Aug 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new Captivate user and I can't find this info anywhere.

I use Captivate to build presentations, but the other SME's don't have Captivate to make edits.When we used Powerpoint for presentations, our standard practice was to convert the Powerpoint presentation to PDF and print the PDF for each SME to make notes on. My SME's would like to be able to print the Captivate presentation in order to make notes, the same way they used to print Powerpoint slides.

I also need to be able to use each Captivate slide for a handbook. I am hoping there is an easy way to do this, rather than taking screenshots of each slide....

I use Adobe Captivate, and I have Adobe Acrobat 9. My SME's only have Adobe Reader. Any help is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2011 Aug 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Click File > Publish and choose to publish Print from the dialog on the left side.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I feel like such a goof for missing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your not a goof. Every other app in exisitence puts Print under the File menu. Only Adobe would place Print within a submenu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you may be a little harsh in your criticism.  You're thinking of the Captivate project file as if it were just a document or a PPT deck.  It's a lot more complex than that.

The Print option here is an output, one of several on the same dialog.  You're not printing the slides per se. You're publishing (rendering) a printable Word doc output FROM the slide collection.

Yes you can print a few different types of documentation output from the project file.  But most of these are more related to the design and approval process.  The Handout document is probably closest to what you might be accustomed to with PPT.

You need to specify a folder BECAUSE of the fact that you are publishing an output file and you need a folder location to publish to.

If you are more familiar with other apps or tools, Captivate at first might seem a little strange.  However, once you work with it a bit, all of this starts to make sense.

On the other hand, if you end up hating it, there are plenty of other tools out there to choose from.  Life is too short to waste time on things you hate doing or using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for showing us where the print menu is buried. Now how do you actualy print anything with it? How do I choose my printer? Why does it need a folder when i hit publish and why does it need Word to print? why do I have no options to not use Word? Why did you release this product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources