Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resource Manager Not Copying Image

Enthusiast ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy RHelpers,

We finally bit the bullet and upgraded to RH 9 here.

I'm running into a minor issue with the Resource Manager. I added our core project folder into the manager since it contains the most "resources" and I would like our several sub projects to start using linked images from this project.

I can navigate to the image and find it just fine in the manager:

9-1-2011 3-11-14 PM.jpg

And in the Image dialog, it points to the correct location in the shared resource directory and shows the preview as expected:

9-1-2011 3-11-28 PM.jpg

But when click Apply and OK the image doesn't show up in my current project. The topic just shows the red box where it expects to find the image.

9-1-2011 3-11-46 PM.jpg

Opening this up, the Image dialog shows the Image name pathway where it expects to find the image in the current project:

9-1-2011 3-15-39 PM.jpg

I've done a search on the entire project and its subdirectories, but cannot find the image. I can of course manually copy it over, but that defeats the purpose of using the resource manager. Anyone else experiencing this? Any workarounds?

Thanks in advance,

Jared

* RoboHelp 9

* Office 2010

* Windows 7, 64-bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared

Question here. You said you added the whole project folder to the Resource Manager?

That would seem highly unusual to me. Normally you define a central location and place the content there. Then you link to it with the Resource Manager.

If you are working inside the project where you added it to the Resource Manager I'm thinking that no wonder it's confused!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm. Well, the Core project I added into the manager could be considered that central location. There wasn't anything that said I couldn't do that in the RH documentation--not that I could see anyway.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but the project I'm currently working in is an entirely different RH project. It is not the core project. I want to borrow resources from the Core project and have them show up in other projects.

For now, I've manually copied the image in since it has to be in there.

Perhaps using a different, non-project related directory would be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp