• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbered Lists generating wrong in RH9?

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company recently upgraded (?) to RH9. I imported a RH7 project, apparantly with no problems - all the formatting looked normal. But, when I generate the project (FlashHelp), any place there are multiple-level numbered lists, the numbering scheme has been changed from the traditional 1. a. i. scheme, to all decimal numbers, also, the font the numbers are formatted in is different from the accompanying text, 12-point serif, vs 10-point non-serif, as if it's not reading the CSS, and applying default formatting. I've gone through the CSS and HTML code, and can't find anything obviously wrong. I've even tried stripping out the formatting by copying the text to Notepad, then copying it back into the topic and reapplying the List style from the CSS. Same result. Never had this problem in RH7. Does RH9 handle lists differently? I've spend about 8 hours on this, and am now tearing my hair out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You ask: Does RoboHelp 9 handle lists differently?

And the answer is a resounding YES! LIsts have been a major issue since version 8 of RoboHelp. Hopefully fellow Community Professional Peter Grainge's site can help you out.

Click here to view

Good luck getting them working. They still baffle and frustrate the snot out of me, even after trying to digest the information there. Others claim success so it must just be a mental issue on my part... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL Rick, don't go frightening people

When you have read the article on Peter's site, just post back with any questions you still have. There is always a way to get it working.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2011 Sep 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, not trying to scare anyone off, just stating the facts as they apply to me.

The whole list issue makes me feel like such a dunce! I've looked at Peter's info and I've looked at what you have on your site several times. I've tried. I make my lists look good in IE and BANG! They are all a mess in Firefox. I tweak so they look fine in Firefox and BOOM! They are suddenly a mess in IE.

I finally got tired of fighting it and gave up. Not sure why it has to be that difficult!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2011 Sep 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick - thanks for the link to Peter's CSS topic. His tip for selecting the Convert HTML Edited Topics to HTML option in Tools>Options did the trick, since we currently don't have a need to generate XHTML output, anyway. That was exactly the kind of quick fix I needed. That said, I do intend to go back and make my CSS XHTML compliant, because of one thing I noticed: if you generate printed documentation (Word files) with that option chosen, your resulting Word doc looks pretty ugly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp