Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Text in completed form only appears when the cursor is placed in the field

Level 1

I created a form and sometimes when it is completed and returned to me, the fields appear blank. If I place my cursor in the field, see the text responses.  What can I do to fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

It is a user issue.  This usually happens when someone uses a program other than Adobe Reader or Acrobat to fill in the form, such as Mac Preview.  You can simply put a text box on the form prompting the user to download and fill in using Adobe Reader with a link to the website OR if you do recieve a form this way you can "re show" the fields by following these steps.  (Assuming you have at least Adobe Acrobat Standard):

Open form with hidden data.

Go to Forms>Manage Form Data>Export Data

Save the file as XDP.  Close the form.

Reopen and go to:

Forms>Manage Form Data>Import Data

--import the XDP file you just created.

All your fields should now be showing.  Saves time when you have an extensive form.  Keep in mind some of your data may not have auto formatting since the user did not use Adobe to fill in the form and some fields may require "cleaning up."

Brenda

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

It is a user issue.  This usually happens when someone uses a program other than Adobe Reader or Acrobat to fill in the form, such as Mac Preview.  You can simply put a text box on the form prompting the user to download and fill in using Adobe Reader with a link to the website OR if you do recieve a form this way you can "re show" the fields by following these steps.  (Assuming you have at least Adobe Acrobat Standard):

Open form with hidden data.

Go to Forms>Manage Form Data>Export Data

Save the file as XDP.  Close the form.

Reopen and go to:

Forms>Manage Form Data>Import Data

--import the XDP file you just created.

All your fields should now be showing.  Saves time when you have an extensive form.  Keep in mind some of your data may not have auto formatting since the user did not use Adobe to fill in the form and some fields may require "cleaning up."

Brenda