• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font names included in topic text in compiled WebHelp

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2006 Aug 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my compiled WebHelp, I see a huge list of font names in the content pane, before the topic text. It's a list of the fonts on my system, separated semi-colons. It appears to happen in the first topic in each Word doc in my project.

I'm using X5 with Word. I've generated WebHelp from this previous WinHelp project for over a year now, and this is the first time I've encountered this problem. BTW, my IT department pushes Windows updates whether I want them or not...I know that has caused me font problems in the past, but usually in other apps like FrameMaker. I don't know if that has anything to do with this.

I can scrub the affected HTML files using Word, but any ideas how to prevent this from happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2006 Aug 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry about the slow reply but I needed the time to poke around the forum using that Search link above.

Click here.

This problem has been seen before. I don't know if the thread will help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2006 Aug 31, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the same problem, after receiving an automated MS update yesterday...

I read the other forum, and didn't see a resolution there. Any further progress on this, "tri_m_author?"

Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum Karla.

See Snippet 51 on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the welcome.... I have read through the entire forum you reference in your Snippet 51. Seems like there are multiple variations of the same issues. Mine is the "font dump in front of topic titles" issue (so far). I haven't done a lot of further experimenting because I'm afraid to mess up my other projects.

I am currently having my manager talk to the IT manager to see if I can uninstall the patch; I work for a big, highly security-aware company so I would need some special dispensation to get away with this.

In the meantime, I am trying a couple of other things. I will update if I learn anything that I haven't already read about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp