• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sluggish Flash Builder 4.5.1 performance on Mac OS X Lion

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently acquired an iMac with Core i7 3.4GHz CPU, 8GB of RAM.  The system is brand new with nothing but Flash Builder installed.  I have similar setup on Windows which is running on an 3-yo laptop sporting Win7 x64, 1.6GHz low voltage Core 2 Duo CPU and 8GB of RAM.  Since the laptop is my primary computer, so it is constantly running other apps such as Outlook, Doc, etc.

My project consists of 3 library projects and two application projects on Mac.  I have set the IDE to turn off automatic build as building the application takes more than a few seconds.  To my surprise, I notice any changes made to the application or library, Mac OS X takes significantly longer time to compile the application.

I wonder if this is a known issue on Mac OS X Lion, or if there is anyway to improve Flex compiler performance on Mac.

Tangent

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2011 Sep 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, I went through the pain and reverted the OS back to Snow Leopard, the compiler regains its speed.  I suspect it might have something to do with Lion's Java performance?  Anyone has similar experience?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have EXACTLY the same problem - except that my project is much larger and FB on Lion never gets to finish!

Going back to Snow Leopard would be a big bind - anyone in adobe care to shed some light on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines