• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with audio

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2006 Aug 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having difficulty recording audio onto slides in the basic template that comes with Captivate. I record the audio and can play it back immediately but then it disappears when I hit OK. I can find the audio files in the audio library but it does not allow me to attach it to a particular slide. I have also tried to import an audio file and that fails too. I have made two movies of +200 slides (broken into 2 sections each) and now I can't create a third using the very same template. I have reinstalled Captivate to no avail. Please help

Jen
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jen,

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing problems. Have you tried exporting the audio files created in Captivate and playing them in Windows "Sound Recorder" (Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder)

If you open the WAV in this, does the audio play?

Regards,
Mark

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not find any options for exporting sound files created in Captivate - only import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I figured out how to export the sound clips that are already working and yes they do play in the Windows sound recorder. However the slides I am trying to add sound to do not show any sound clips at all still. The slides that the sound does work on are from a previous movie. Everytime I attempt a new movie the sound clips keep disappearing.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jen,

This is very strange. I have to admit that this is first time I have seen audio files disappear. What version of Captivate are you using? The latest version is 101.1418. If you have anything lower than this, then you will need to Upgrade to the latest version.

You could try creating a new blank Captivate file and copying and pasting all the slides (without any audio) into the new file and then exporting all of the audio files from the original file (Audio > Advanced Audio > Export) and import them into the new one.

Failing that, if you can post the files somewhere that I could download them I will take a look and see if I can reproduce the problem using my version of Captivate. Please note that I am based in the UK so it might be tomorrow before I will get chance to do this.

Regards,
Mark

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I do not have a place to post. The only sound files I can export are the ones that work. The slides that I want to add sound to do not show any sound files in Advanced Audios. It is as if I never tried to add any sound to them. I have managed to import another slide and erased the text on it and recorded over the existing sound file and that works...only now when I try to add the image relevant to the sound clip it brings up the corner brackets for resizing the image but there is no image just an empty box... woe is me...never going to get it to work right. Thanks for trying though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jen,

Sorry I could not offer any more help. If the Captivate file is fairly small, you could try zipping it up and sending it to me via email. I'd reallly like to pass this on to a member of the Captivate team that I am in contact with as I am sure they would like to know if this is a case of a corrupted file.

Regards,
Mark

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent the zip file to you. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe expert,
I just bought a new Toshiba notebook satelit model. I try to record using macromedia captivate but I fail to do it. The error message said that can not detect microphone. I am using conextant high definition audio. may I know is there any problem macromedia captivate using high definition audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sekyw and welcome to our community

I understand you are keen to solve an issue, but You might want to take a few minutes and familiarize yourself with the posting guidelines, as you have breezed into the forums and already broken a few posting rules. The guidelines link is listed below:

Click here to read the guidelines

Unfortunately, you haven't given us much to go on. For example, we know you have a new Toshiba Satellite notebook. We know you seem to be having issues with Captivate detecting your microphone. What we don't know at this point is if:

1. You have tried any of the troubleshooting offered in the three threads where you also listed your issue.
2. You are using the built in microphone that is embedded in the laptop hardware or if it is an external microphone.
3. If it is an external microphone, how does it connect to your laptop? Via the USB port or via jack plugs.
4. Is Conextant high definition audio just the driver or is it the brand of sound card?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, thank you for attending my posting. actually, I have tried all the troubleshooting suggested on the forum. but I still can not solve it. It is external microphone and it connect thru jack plugs. The Conextant high definition audio is a brand of sound card. I have tried many notebook with high definition Audio and the same problem occur but when I tried using other notebkook with not high definiton audio it can work. May concern is whether captivate can support high definition Audio sound drives? This high definiton audio is developed by Intel and is the latest technology for the Audio.

1. You have tried any of the troubleshooting offered in the three threads where you also listed your issue.
2. You are using the built in microphone that is embedded in the laptop hardware or if it is an external microphone.
3. If it is an external microphone, how does it connect to your laptop? Via the USB port or via jack plugs.
4. Is Conextant high definition audio just the driver or is it the brand of sound card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2006 Aug 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sekyw,

Are you able record audio using a different recording program. As a rule of thumb I always encourage users to try recording a small piece of narratiive using the Windows "Sound Recorder" (Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder)

If this does not work then you will probably need to contact Toshiba technical support to see if they can shed any light on this matter.

HTH

Regards,
Mark

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Mark,
I went to the Toshiba sevices centre and they had tried many notebook( with high definition Audio). they encounter same problem" unable to detect microphone" BUT when they tried notebook( without high definition audio) it work properly. they suspect whether Macromedia Captivate can support high definition Audio?. Now the problem is if ready captivate can not support high definition Audio, is they any solution. I have tried solution suggested in the forum but it can not work. really needs help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again sekyw

I guess I'm still a bit baffled by your use of "high definition audio". I believe that you have a card manufactured by Conextant, but I'm now wondering if "high definition audio" is simply a new buzzword for some new way of dealing with audio in the PC. But that is really probably a moot point.

If indeed it is discovered that Captivate doesn't yet understand this format, your only real option is to use an application that actually does understand it. For example, Mark suggested possibly using the Windows Sound Recorder applet to record your audio outside of Captivate. Then you could import those clips into your movie.

Please note that if this is a new format on the scene, you can't (or shouldn't) blame Captivate for this shortcoming. How would it be possible to know or plan for an advancement in technology? I would equate this to an older vehicle being ill equipped to run on newer unleaded gasoline.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2006 Aug 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick, the adobe should aware of this new technology " High definition Audio" cause all the latest PC and notebook are using this technology. Adobe is such a mutlinational company, they sure very alert of this technology and they shuold provide patch file to overcome this weakness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2006 Aug 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again sekyw

At the very real risk of sounding flippant, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a patch. Why? Well, development is underway for version 2. So with version 2 in the works, it would totally amaze me to see them develop and make available any sort of patch for version 1. If anything, we would probably see version 2 possibly bringing this "high definition audio" capability to the table.

Now if they happen to release version 2 pretty soon and it doesn't offer compatibility with this, I could easily see a forthcoming patch.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2006 Oct 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I have a new HP dv2000 Pavilion with the same Conexant sound card as the other chap (sekyw). I also have Captivate 2.0 and have the same exact problem he does. The microphone is not recognized and so the program crashes if I try to record. I spent several hours on the phone with tech support -- they admitted that there were problems with Realtek cards(which I don't have) and there have been problems in the past with duo core processors. The problem is not with the hardware or drivers and I am surprised that Adobe offered me no valid solutions. I made the decision to upgrade my equipment so that I could better run this kind of application and Adobe seems to have dropped the ball. I hope a patch is in the works.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2006 Aug 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sekyw,

Thanks for the additional information. I suspect that at present Captivate (and also Breeze, for that matter) does not support HD Audio The solution would be to look for another audio application that does support HD audio. If I were you I would try downloading a trial version of both:

And see if they can recognize the microphone.

HTH

Regards,
Mark

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark

I think you participate via the NNTP interface and not the web. But when I view your response in the web interface, I see your link doesn't seem to work. When hovering, I see it has: www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm (note the additional http://.

I think you actually meant to link to HD Audio.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops... nevermind. I see we have an issue for the forum developers to address!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2006 Nov 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

I have a new HP dv9000 with the same Conexant sound card as chriscordone and sekyw.

Has anyone come up with solutions or work arounds since Chris's 10/20 posting?

Thanks.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources