Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Java Class Problem

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2006 Aug 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to use an external Java Class but I keep getting below mentioned error message.

My tries so far---
I added the path to where the .class is located in the "Java and JVM" Path in ColdFusion Administration (the path is C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\WEB-INF\classes) I re-started the ColdFusion MX 7 Application Server but still am getting this error. Also, the name of the class is ImageInfo (case sensitive) I checked that as well...Any thoughts about what the problem might be?

Object Instantiation Exception.
An exception occurred when instantiating a java object. The cause of this exception was that: ImageInfo (wrong name: org/devlib/schmidt/imageinfo/ImageInfo).

Any information would be greatly appreciated,

mdg1
Houston, TX
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2006 Aug 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It is the name, org/devlib/schmidt/imageinfo/ImageInfo, that is causing the exception, not just ImageInfo. You should use the dot notation, thus

<cfobject action="CREATE" type="JAVA" class="org.devlib.schmidt.imageinfo.ImageInfo" name="imgObj">
<cfset imgObj = imgObj.init()>
or
<cfset imgObj = createobject("java", "org.devlib.schmidt.imageinfo.ImageInfo").init()>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation