• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document Raster Effects Settings? I can't find it!

Participant ,
Sep 04, 2011 Sep 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Illustrator CS5. I am looking for the document raster effects settings. I think they are at 72DPI because my drop shadows on my images are pixelated when I print out my design.

I want to change the document raster effect to 300DPI.

I googled it and in CS4 it was under the effects menu but in CS5 I don't have the effects menu anymore. It is under Objects->Effects but I don't see the document raster effects settings anywhere.

Any ideas?

thanks,

PedroAlberto

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to reinstall the app. I've never heard of any instance where the Effects menu is located under the Object menu.

The Filter menu was moved to the Object menu, but the Effect menu should still be at the top of the screen and not under any other menu item.... and it does contain the Document Raster Effects Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yeah, I thought that was strange too. Will re-install.

thanks,

Pedro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you reinstall make certain you trash these files

On the Mac

User/username/Library/Preferences/ Adobe illustrator CS5 Settings and trash the settings folder, the whole folder not just the contents of the folder..

User/username/Library/Preferences/ com.adobe.illustrator.plist

And make certain you use the the Adobe Uninstaller in the Utilities Folder in the Applaications folder

On the PC I am not certin where the above files reside nd you use the systems installer to uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clipboard02.png

I tried the Indesign CS5.5 trial and still the same problem. I will try to uninstall the program and reinstall using the Adobe uninstaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are showing us a screensht of InDesign which is different from Illustrator.

I do not believe that ID has a raster effects setting.

This is the Illust6rator Frum you are mixing up the tw different applications, they are not the same.

Illustrator

Screen Shot 2011-09-05 at 10.52.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ID it has no ffect settings in this regard that is handled by the output resolution of the document when yourprinter sends it to the ress or imagesetter.

What you have in ID is a preview choice of draft, normal and high quality.

See there is no such setting as you saw for yourself.

Screen Shot 2011-09-05 at 11.07.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL! You are right.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Time to go to the Indesign forum.

Pedro (blush!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tht's right! Scram!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines