• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating a link for external users to view my project

Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I want to share my RoboHelp project with external users that do not have access to my company's internal server if I publish there. Is there a way to create a link to my project that I can just share with other people?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Unfortuantely there isn't really a way to do that. At least, not a way I'm aware of.

You might consider outputting your project as a Microsoft HTML Help file. You should be able to easily do that. Just choose to create Microsoft HTML Help and not WebHelp, FlashHelp or whatever it is you have created. This would then provide a single file in .CHM format that you would be able to send to those folks.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the response. I went ahead and generated the Microsoft HTML Help file. How do I view this file? Nothing comes up when I generate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Are you clicking the "view result" link? If so, the CHM should simply open. However, there are a host of things that can go wrong along the way and to figure out what may be happening we need to ask all sorts of questions.

Did you click View Result after it finished? If so, what happened? An error? Nothing? What?

Where are you attempting to compile the help? When you look at the properties of your Single Source Layout recipe, where are you pointing the output folder to? What is the file name?

Are you able to open and view other CHM files? Do you know what a CHM file is?

As you can see, there are many questions to answer. And probably others I failted to think of.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the response. I was able to generate the file. However, I cannot find the link to the entire project. When I right click and view properties for the URL, it only brings me to the page of the project that I right clicked on. How do I get the URL for the entire project to pull up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

A CHM file has the entire project inside it. You should be seeing a "tripane" view that looks similar to below:

tmp1.PNG

Are you seeing anything similar?

There is no start page. Only the file name of the CHM. When you double-click it, the Microsoft HTML Help viewer opens and presents it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do see the tripane. However, how do I share this with other users? Thanks again!

Thanks,

Regina Wu Performance Manager

Phone 650.837.5653

rwu@walmart.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

If you right-click a topic inside the Project Manager pod you should see an option to Explore. Choose that option and Windows Explorer should open and allow you to browse the file system, In the project location should be a !SSL! folder. And inside that should be a Microsoft HTML Help folder. And inside that should be your CHM file. You copy that single .CHM file to provide your user.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, I got it to copy. However, Outlook won't blocked access to the file due to potentially unsafe material. So many issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just rename the extension to fake Outlook out & tell your recipient to rename it back to .chm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp