Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone Emulator Too Large

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2011 Aug 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I run my app in the iPhone emulator (or any other iDevice emulators for that matter) only about half of the app screen is shown as the emulator takes up too much space on my screen. I really need to test my bottom tabs. Is there a way to resize the emulator? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking - Are you sure you are not using Design View with iPad device configuration and then launching it with iPhone size ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the build configuration you can create an emulator with the resolution of your choice. The reason for this is probably that the resolution of the emulator is higher than the resolution of your screen.

You can also try CTRL-L to rotate the emulator. You will probably see it all, but in landscape mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this post is years old, but maybe it will help someone with the same problem, help them to avoid spending an hour or more looking for a solution. I put my laptops screen resolution in portrait mode and everything displayed properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines