Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing AIR in Android emulator

Sep 08, 2011 Sep 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to install a sample AIR app to the emulator of an Android setup as a APK file, but when I select it, it askes me to install Adobe AIR runtime. It takes me to the Android marketplace and I log in but it wont let me download it because I dont have an Android phone number associated with my account.  Is there an AIR runtime APK file that I can use to bypass the marketplace?  If not, how do I get around the fact that the emulator does not have a number and the (555) number that is defined in the emulator is not accepted in the Google account management?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 08, 2011 Sep 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An emulator version of the runtime is included in the AIR SDK. You can install it with the AIR ADT utility:

adt -installRuntime -platform android

See http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d128fc240122-7ff6.html

You can also find the Runtime.apk file in the SDK in the \runtimes\air\android\emulator folder and install it using the Android adb utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, this command doesn't work for me.  I get an error:

> Unsupported / Missing <platform>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines