Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error linking to help topic

Sep 08, 2011 Sep 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an error in the robohelp generated javascript file that issues an access denied message when a program tries to link directly to a topic in the RH HTML system. The error repeats a second time and then displays the topic. Has anyone seen this behavior.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of what you are getting? Use the camera icon in the web interface to attach a screen shot file. Also, what version of RH are you using, O/S, type of help generated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thanks for trying to help. I am using RH9 HTML help. The help system runs on Windows 7 and XP. My work environment is Windows 7.

JimF1-Error.JPG

I am generating WebHelpOnline, not MS HTML Help. Sorry for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is happening at what point when accessing the generated help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a user presses F1 in a dialog box. We've seen it happen on only one dialog box so far.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2011 Sep 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Access Denied looks like a permissions issue on the location where the help is installed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2011 Sep 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all

Personally I belive Peter is spot on. Windows 7 is extremely persnickety about allowing any sort of access to things located in the Program Files folder.

Will the help be deployed on everyone's PCs that way? If so, I'm thinking that WebHelp may not be your desired output type given this situation.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp