• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new Download Coldfusion Builder 2

Engaged ,
Sep 08, 2011 Sep 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just download ColdFusion Builder 2 and insatll on my computer and setup the server for new project.

I do not have C:\ColdFusion 9 on my computer when I wanted to add a server.

It seems that I need install ColdFusion Server to try to create a new project.

Am I right? Can I use IIS as my local web erver and testing?

If I need ColdFusion Servver then where I can download and install and test on my local machine.

Your help is great appreciated,

iccsi

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 08, 2011 Sep 08, 2011

Yeah, that would be one of those features that requires a ColdFusion server. You can't view what a page will look like without a server to process it, right?  So you'll either need to install and configure a local CF server, or connect to a remote server (which would require the files to be uploaded).

Typically, if someone is going to use the FireFox and IE tabs they will have a local CF server installed and configured.

Once you have a CF server ready to go you can connect your project to it by ri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you do not need CF9 installed (or at all) to create a project. When it prompts you to set up a server just choose "finish".  You only need to set up a server if you want to use the CB2 functionality that uses it (like extensions, RDS data view, RDS file view, Debugging, etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping,

I got no server configure when I click on IE or Firefox tab.

Are there any place to configure database server?

I have mySQL database server.

Thanks again,

iccsi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that would be one of those features that requires a ColdFusion server. You can't view what a page will look like without a server to process it, right?  So you'll either need to install and configure a local CF server, or connect to a remote server (which would require the files to be uploaded).

Typically, if someone is going to use the FireFox and IE tabs they will have a local CF server installed and configured.

Once you have a CF server ready to go you can connect your project to it by right clicking on the project and choosing "Properties". In there you can add a new server and assoiate it with a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and to connect to your DB server using CFB2's RDS dataview you need to do it *through* a CF server, so, again,  you need to probably get a local CF server installed. CFB2 does not talk directly to a DB server (unless you have a plugin added to do that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for helping,

Does CF local server have trial version or I have to buy it to test my web site?

If there is trial version, can you please let me know the link to download and install,

Thanks again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion-developer.html

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 09, 2011 Sep 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're sorry, we encountered an error processing your request.

Please try your request again. If you continue to receive this error, please report it using our Customer Service form.

You may wish to try one of the following links:

I got above error message when I tried to access the website to download since yesterday.

any server issue for this site?

Do you have any issue to access this site?

Thanks again,

iccsi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to answer one of iccsi's first questions in the thread, CF is totally free for development. I can be downloaded via a link to the developer edition at coldfusion.com, or more specifically at http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion-developer.html.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation