• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

place a controls like button on the page

Engaged ,
Sep 08, 2011 Sep 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to place some contorls on the page. I find that I can insert CF command, but I do not see any command that I can place controls on the form and do some code on click event or any event associate to the control.

your information is great appreciated,

iccsi

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 09, 2011 Sep 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are miss understanding the purpose of ColdFusion.

ColdFusion is a server side technology. 90% of the functionality built into ColdFusion is designed to hand what happens on the server between web requests.

For user interface controls, most of us use HTML, JavaScript and a growing number of Flash|Action Script technologies.

There are some ColdFusion tags that DO generate some User Interface elements for you, but the tend to be for more advanced items like grids, calendars, ect.

A simple button, there isn't much reason to re-invent the HTML wheel of the <input type="button"....> tag.  Though there is the <cfinput type="button"...> tag that may give you some more functionality.

I am not actually sure I have ever used a <cfinput type="button"...> tag before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation