Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame 10 Distiller error

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2011 Sep 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to FrameMaker, and the only person in my department with Frame 10 (everyone else has Frame 9). After creating a .ps file and attempting to create a .pdf, I received the following error message:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%

%%[Page: 1]%%

%%[Page: 2]%%

%%[Page: 3]%%

%%[Page: 4]%%

%%[Page: 5]%%

%%[Page: 6]%%

%%[Page: 7]%%

%%[Page: 8]%%

%%[ Error: undefinedresource; OffendingCommand: findresource; ErrorInfo: CharOffsets --index-- --add--}

/AdobeMyungjoStd-Medium-hf

/WinCharSetFFFF-H

/AdobeMyungjoStd-MediumH

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Interestingly, if I saved all the files and the book as Frame 9, my colleagues were able to create both a successful .ps and a .pdf.

Has anyone encountered anything like this?

Thanks so much for your help.

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Hi Tom,

Please try the following:

- Make sure the fonts specified in the error log (Adobe Myungjo) are present in "c:\windows\fonts" on your system. If not, copy them from "\fminit\fonts\adobe" to "c:\windows\fonts".

- Retry saving as PDF (if it doesn’t work, restart FrameMaker and try again.)

~Harish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you running under? If Windows XP, you need to install the Microsoft patch (available from Microsoft at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952909/en-us) to fix a GDI text error affecting PostScript printing. The problem does not affect Vista or Windows 7.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't my co-workers also have this error when printing from Frame 9? I'll check with IT about this. Thanks! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the problem for better or worse is not consistent from system to system. It depends on what is currently in the system font cache. In fact the short term “fix” for the problem is to delete the system's font cache file and immediately reboot. That was what temporarily fixed the problem for users prior to the Microsoft patch being made available.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try printing straight to the Adobe PDF printer instance (it should be your default printer within FM)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should make one real bit of difference. The problem has to do with GDI to the PostScript driver which is always an issue with printing PostScript or creating PDF from FrameMaker.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Please try the following:

- Make sure the fonts specified in the error log (Adobe Myungjo) are present in "c:\windows\fonts" on your system. If not, copy them from "\fminit\fonts\adobe" to "c:\windows\fonts".

- Retry saving as PDF (if it doesn’t work, restart FrameMaker and try again.)

~Harish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Folks,

The error was caused by missing fonts. I finally got IT to install all the missing fonts and the error went away.

Thanks so much for all your help! 🙂

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines