• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mobile iOS app works with "fast" packaging, but breaks with "standard" packaging method

Contributor ,
Sep 09, 2011 Sep 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing a Flash Builder mobile app, and have successfully exported and installed it on my iPad.  As I've been testing it in iOS, exporting it with the "fast packaging" method, it works perfectly.  Tho when I export and install the app with the "standard packaging" method, everything works, except for an essential feature.

Primarily, the app is very simple at this stage.  The app takes a user's login info, logs into a remote server, receives some data (XML), and then downloads some images and presents them. Again, this all works perfectly in "fast packaging".  However, with the "standard packaging" version, the login appears to work, but the images never show up (so it's either not recieving the data, not parsing the data it properly, or not recieving or displaying the images properly). Since this issue only happens when it is installed on the device, it's hard to tell what the problem is.

And it's very hard to understand why a mere variation in packaging method would have this effect (everything else is the same).

Does any one have a clue?  Does anyone know what the differences are between "fast" and "standard" packaging (and how it could effect such a fundamental process)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh lord of digital force majeures!  Of course, "standard packaging" converts "Flash" to LLVM.  My app tries to load SWFs, which will never run in a native iOS environment. 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/874259

http://gregsramblings.com/2011/06/13/video-interview-with-scott-petersen-about-how-ios-packaging-works/

There goes two weeks of development (down the drain) ... .. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 10, 2011 Sep 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My mobile app is supposed to load SWF assets from an external server.

Is there any chance at a work around?  Could something like the ByteArray class be used to convert the SWFs to BitMap (given than static images would be acceptable)? In my case, I may only need to import external SWF that are static (not animated).

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/utils/ByteArray.html

If ByteArray is implemented to immediately convert imported SWFs within the source FlashBuilder project, then when the app is packaged into native iOS, will it retain that functionality to convert the SWF to bitmap data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines