Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need a compiler...

Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still using Robohelp 6; the other day, I was given a new computer and had to have RoboHelp 6 re-installed.  However, when I tried to compile a project, a message  came up saying I needed to obtain a compiler by going to http://msdn.microsoft.com -- couldn't find it there.  Any suggestions?

thanx,

Lon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Sounds like you're trying to make .CHM files - that requires MS's HTML Help Workshop - try http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms669985(v=vs.85).aspx for the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you're trying to make .CHM files - that requires MS's HTML Help Workshop - try http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms669985(v=vs.85).aspx for the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff! That seemed to have done the trick ... although I did get a message saying I had a more-recent Workshop already installed ...

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New computer - does that mean Windows 7? If so be aware that RoboHelp 6 was not designed for that operating system and you may encounter further problems.

I'm not saying you will, just be aware if you hit further problems.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've already encountered some of those problems, e.g., importing Word documents; I suppose it'll be a tad worse with Word 2010, which is what I have with the new computer...

lr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No it will not be a tad worse, it will be impossible. RoboHelp 9 is the only version to work with Word 2010. It sounds like you really are going to have to upgrade.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp