• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unverified bugs in ColdFusion Builder bugbase

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody working on ColdFusion Builder 2 bugs? I submitted a couple of bugs to the bugbase  (https://bugbase.adobe.com) back in May (2011) and they are still sitting in an 'unverified' state. What gives?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can gather, Adobe are not continuously developing CFB.  They do a release... then seem to vanish for a while (I presume get put onto other teams)... then come back again when the next release project gets under way.  The exception to this would be for hotfixes, but those'd only be released if there was a serious stability or security issue, I reckon.

Aside from that, they're not so good at keeping the bugbase up to date.  I've seen issues in there (albeit for ColdFusion, not CFB), which according to the bugbase are still seemingly untouched, however they've actually been fixed and released.

The public-facing bugbase is a new thing for them, and I don't think they've quite sussed out how to manage it yet (probably from a resourcing POV than anything else - but that's a guess), from the perspective of the clients who use it.

So... bottom line... don't put too much stock on the feedback in the bugbase, and definitely don't hold your breath for a fix to show up!  You'll probbaly need to wait until at least CFB 3.0 (or 2.x, whatever) before seeing any movement.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adam. That is about what I expected, although I must say Adobe's lack of response to issues in a recently released (and purchased!) product is quite disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adam. That is about what I expected, although I must say Adobe's lack of response to issues in a recently released (and purchased!) product is quite disappointing.

Well I think if they promote the fact they have a public bugbase, then they kinda have a burden to then actively maintain it as a communications channel.  I think they're letting themselves down a bit there.  Their communications on the bugbase is very poor compared to other companies who maintain similar systems.

I have no problem with the timeframes for sorting out the issues though.  Well: in that just because I think an issue is important doesn't mean that in the bigger scheme of things for them they need to treat it as importantly as I'd like them to, if that makes sense.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2011 Sep 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam/RobWala,

Just want to make sure  that I clarify a few misconceptions here.

First of all, it is not true that CFB is not being actively developed. ColdFusion builder is very important for us to let it stay out of active development. Just because the status on a few bugs do not change, it doesn't mean that there is no developement happening.

All the bugs that you have logged will be looked into by the ColdFusion Builder team and will be fixed accordingly based on the priority that is assigined to the bug. Bugs are your way of letting the team know of the issues that you are facing.

Please do not stop that. I can asure that these bugs will be looked into by the team. It is just that the team may have more important issues to look at this point than the ones that you have logged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2011 Sep 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Raksh,

Thanks for the response and clarification. I guess I am more accustomed to the quicker responses and prompt feedback I recieve from smaller companies and individual developers.  I'm glad to know that development is continuing on CFB - I enjoy developing with it and look forward to seeing it becoming an even better IDE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation