• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSS tags that do not work in ADE, including beta

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea if the CSS tags that don't work in ADE, will work in the future?

Such as:

text-transform

font-variant

Are there others? Does anyone have a comprehensive table/list?

These are biggies for us, and they are exported by InDesign 5.5. So, what's up with that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if anything will work in this POS software. I've been experimenting with ePub output from InDesign 5.5, thinking the garbage I was seeing in ADE was the result of some screw up on my part. Imagine my surprise when I opened the same ePubs in iBooks on my iPhone, and in a few other non-Adobe apps (e.g. a Firefox plugin!!), only to see real formatting and a document that quite frankly looks 500% better than what ADE was showing me.

Adobe should be ashamed to own this product - it is beyond useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are a few more:

• The :before pseudo-selector appears to be completely unsupported.
  • The :first-letter pseudo-selector appears to be completely unsupported.
  • The default behavior for line-height is way off, and spacing between lines is much larger than it should be even if line-height is explicitly specified.
  • Some of the percentage behavior makes no sense.  For example, the standard vertical centering trick doesn't work:

<div style="height: 100%; min-height: 100%">

<div style="height: 50%;margin-bottom: -68pt;"></div>

</div>

Instead, it comes out way below the center of the window.  Some of this may be caused by the line height being wrong, though.  It's hard to tell how much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines