Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Global Find-Replace for HTML etc

Participant ,
Aug 31, 2008 Aug 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The find-replace functionality in RH seems limited. Is there a way I can do a global find-replace, which will scan all my topics (or selected topics) to find and replace particular elements or html code?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main limitation is that like many search and replace tools, it works on single lines and often what you are looking for spans more than one line.

BKReplaceEm is free. My preference is FAR from http://www.helpware.net/FAR. Long trial and does much more than find and replace. Much nicer interface.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just picked up you were talking about the ordinary find and replace, not the multi file find and replace tool you will find in Tools. The multi file find and replace tool should do what you want but has the limitations that I described above.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp