• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Server Settings box is blank

Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got my copy of CFBuilder 2, and I've been trying to get it set up for my projects.  When editing code, I have a "Firefox" and "IE" tab at the bottom of the editor window, but when I click on either one (or if I click on the green "Run" button in the toolbar), I get the following message:

Server is not configured with the project.

Along with instructions about how to configure the server settings.  However, when I do (project->properties->ColdFusion Server Settings), that box is completely blank, other than the "Restore Defaults" and "Apply" buttons.

What gives?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, somehow I managed to figure it out.  I ended up with a double "http://" in the server path, so I nuked it and started over.

Now my problem is a 404 when I preview in my browser.

I have CF8 installed locally, running on localhost:8500.  I have C:/ColdFusion8/wwwroot/ as my local path, and folders for each project under that (example: planning).

I'm assuming since my project path is C:/ColdFusion8/wwwroot/planning/ and my "Sample URL" is http://localhost:8500/planning/ that previewing the index.cfm file in that folder should give me the proper URL.  But I get a "File not found" error.

I can browse to the file in Firefox and view it fine, so I suspect a pathing problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, figured it out after enabling robust debugging and seeing that the /planning/ part of the local URL was being omitted.  I chose the setting that overrides the default, and hard-coded it for each of my projects.  Works a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation