Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel into RH8

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to plac

e an Excel spreadsheet into an RH8 project so that it was embedded. I searched f

or help to discover if this was possible, but didn't find anything recently posted. I di

d figure out though that one can upload a spreadsheet as a baggage file and then link it in my

topic. It was as easy as pie! Can anyone think of any problems with this approach

? especially if it's working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure exactly what you're doing, but if you are intending to use OLE functionality to link the two, then you should know that there are several issues concerning Microsoft and Adobe's support of OLE. It's very sensitive to security "fixes".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, so maybe it would be safer to save the excel as a pdf and then link

the pdf. would you agree?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably much safer, but it depends on how you want to use it. PDF'ing would make it a static image I imagine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp