• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

considering upgrading from RH6 to RH9...

Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering upgrading from RoboHelp 6 to RH9; I have 40+ projects merged into a main project -- will they present a problem?

thanx,

Lon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory upgrading should not be a problem but there are no guarantees so backup first. The most likely cause of problems will be lists, see my site for more information.

I recommend creating the backup in a zip file. Then you can unzip it as many times as you need rather than accidentally opening the backup in the later version as well.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ... back up all 40+ projects, as well as the Main one?

lr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. If you are upgrading you should always back up first, be it one project or one hundred.

Are they not all hanging off of one parent folder?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the words of the younger set: "Duh!" Okay, silly question; what should have asked was:

Do I open RH 9, then open each of these projects, one at a time, to upgrade them?  (Maybe this is a silly question, too.)

lr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I believe Peter has likely nodded off for the evening seeing as it's nearly 1:00 am for him.

Indeed you will need to open each of the projects individually if you wish to upgrade them to version 9.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp