• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8: Missing Topics

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm missing topics in the Topic Pod that exist in the project, which causes broken links. I seem to remember a file that contains a catalog of topics that you can delete and RH will generate a new one upon opening. Anybody know the filename?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think perhaps you are thinking of the CPD file that recreates itself but nothing recreates files. More likely what you are seeing is the bug that hit RoboHelp 8 and that was fixed by the 802 patch. How to put things right is described in Opening Projects on my site.

The only thing that RoboHelp will recreate is missing folders but it does not recreate the files in them.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the missing content (HTM) files. But they are not in the Topics Pod and I have tons of broken links. I'm running RH8 8.0.2.208.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2011 Sep 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you need to follow the instructions in Opening Projects on my site. Sorry but there is no easy workaround.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, thanks again for all your help.

I downloaded the patch, but the only option on the Install Wizard was to remove the app. And as I'm running RH8 8.0.2.208, I take this to mean that everything is up-to-date. As I've said, I'm fairly new to the company and I think the previous writers installed all updates, but didn't bother to fix the broken links.

I followed your directions and now everything looks good. The only thing is that I still have 3 broken links (instead of approx 30). All three have names such as: Topic_Name_1.htm#Topic_Name_2

But I don't see any connection between the two topics. Further, when I right-click on the broken links, the Restore option is disabled. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 802 did indicate you had the patch, sorry I thought you had realised that.

When you double click the broken link you should see where the reference exists. Assuming it is in a topic, look in the HTML view of the topic. Post back if still stuck.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double-clicked on the first broken link and the Topic References dialog box appeared. The broken link appears In the Topic field, but it is not a valid topic name: Topic_Name1#Topic_Name2.

When I click the Restore button, I get an error message that "#" cannot be used in a topic name. I guess I'll look into both Topic_Name1 and Topic_Name2 to see if I can figure out what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went into Topic_Name1 and deleted and reinserted the link to Topic_Name2. Upon saving one of the broken links disappeared. But two still remain - even after reinserting the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe in the topics that contain the link, there was more than one instance and you only fixed one?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I thought of that. So I deleted and reinserted all links in the topics of the two remaining broken links. One broken link disappeared upon saving. I deleted that last one as I feel that all links must now be valid.

Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp