• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Remove Unwanted HTML Text Appearing in Compiled Help Topics

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2011 Sep 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a RoboHelp HTML project in version 7.03.001. Recently, when checking files into source control, the program we use informed me that two of my topics (htm files) and the index file (.hhk) were "conflicted."

When I examine the compiled topics, I see a string of HTML code at the very top of the topics, above the topic titles. Here is an example:

PSPA 1.png

When I look at the HTML view, for the same topic, this is what I see:

PSPA 2.png

Temporarily removing this line of code did not resolve the issue. The unwanted text was still displayed after compiling.

Another thing to mention is that several strange files also appeared in various project folders--files associated with the suspect topics and index:

PSPA 3.png

I don't know what these files are for or if they can be deleted. In addition, I generally don't do much work in the HTML code, so I was wondering if anyone might know what would cause this and also how it can be fixed.

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those additional files look like revisions of the files that have the problem. If you open up the files that have a suffix of .mine, .r64214 and .r65414 do these have the same issue? if sounds like you have a source control file version issue here but it is hard to tell without some more detail. Hope this gives you some clues for things to look at but do come back if you need further help.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Colum. You are correct. Upon further research I've discovered that the additional HTML code was inserted into the two topics by our source control program (which also created the extra files that I didn't recognize). I was able to go back to versions of the files from a day or two prior, and now all is well.

Thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp