Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF will not replay when using Adobe Presenter in PPT

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2011 Sep 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a Flash file and published as a SWF - created in Flash CS5.  This is a very short movie with red curtains that open up to reveal text and a logo.  We are trying to get this to work in PPT.

The PPT person here downloaded Presenter in order to try out importing the SWF into her PPT presentation.  It looks okay but if she goes back to that slide again, it does not replay, it's just static on the last frame.  I do have a Stop Action on the very end frame in Flash so that the curtains do not keep opening and closing which would end up looking crazy.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  I am not familiar with importing Flash into PPT so I am at a loss with this.

Thanks so much!!!

Denise

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem might be the way you have coded your Flash file. 

You mention you only have a "stop();" action at the last frame of your movie.

You will also have to create a condition for it to return to the beginning of the movie.  It would be normal for the PPT slide to only show the last frame since that's the last remembered state of the swf movie which is "stop();"

I had a project once and I created a button on the last frame which said "replay" and to this button I added an event listener which basically stated that if the button is pressed, go back to frame(1).

Do you need help coding this in AS 3.0 ?  (Are you using Action Script 3.0?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I am using AS2.  Should I switch to AS3?  I am using Flash CS5.  So, should I keep the stop action but also add in a condition to return to the original state (first frame)?  not exactly sure how to do that but will research it.

Thanks so much!  I am just trying to help out a fellow co-worker as I do not usually work with PPT.

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "stop();" action is the same in AS2 and in AS3 but other functionality may be different between AS2 and AS3.

For best practices I would start to learn coding in AS3 if possible.  You can repost your question as a new one in the Flash forum or specifically the ActionScript 3 forum which will basically ask how to create a button that returns the movie to the first frame.  It is actually quite simple to do and you mentioned you may be able to research it.

It just involves activating the button with an "eventListener" such as a mouseOver or Click or mouseDown event (the syntax is actually all-caps separated by an underscore) but you have to associate a function with the eventListener and inside of that function you would write your condition which would be nothing more than

"gotoAndPlay(1);"

The eventListener would serve as your conditional statement so you don't need to make it more complicated than it sounds.

Best wishes,

-markerline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay - so I would have to create a replay button then, is that correct?  I can do that but unfortunately, I do not think this will work for the person giving the presentation.  He wants to be able to jump around from slide to slide and when he goes back to a slide with the curtains, he will not want to have to click on a button to replay it.

If I am misunderstanding anything please let me know.  Thanks again for all your guidance and help.  I really appreciate it.

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's getting a little more complex in this situation.

Perhaps, and I'm not entirely sure, there is a way to initialize playback once the swf enters focus.  What I mean by this is you would have the swf enter focus by going to that particular slide that it's on and the "focus" attribute (not the correct syntax) would tell the swf to gotoAndPlay(1) which would basically be the same thing as play().  You would then have the swf stop at the frame where you have put the stop() action but would also have conditions on that frame that "listen" for mousefocus in the "over" state on the stage.  In other words, if the mouse is hovering over the slide (depending on how the slides are being advanced) or if a key on the keyboard is registered as having focus then the swf would go back to frame 1 and play once.

If I were you, I would compile the above statements and scenarios I have painted for you into a question and post this into the ActionScript 3.0 forum for more assistance from experts.  I am only a novice learning ActionScript currently.

I hope you find your answer.

Best,

-markerline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And also not working with PPT is not actually the question here since it is strictly an issue with coding for Flash.  Once your swf is properly coded Presenter will take care of importing the swf and any embedded ActionScript to make the slideshow interactive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for reminder.....all content in Adobe Connect 8 and above has to be encoded for AS3. Using any AS2 based content may load and run but it will damage the Flash instance so that later in your room you will start to experience strange things like black boxes, etc.

Make sure if you are encoding SWF that you set the Flash for AS3 and Flash 8 or 9. Adobe Connect 8 does not use Adobe Flash 10 features nor will it run them. In the future that will change.

Here is the combination of products that should be used to insure a smooth AS3 based system:

Adobe Connect 8.1.2

Adobe Presenter 7.07

Adobe Captivate 5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Denise,

What I understood from your message is that you have swf with "Stop()" at end. So, if you play this swf in Flash player then it will play completely till last frame and then it stop at first frame.

Now suppose we have 3 slide Presentation and on 2nd slide you import this SWF and make sure swf is Unmanaged. Do following step:-

1) Go to Adobe Presenter>Manage swf file> Checkbox in front of swf is unchecked

2) and Publish Presentation.

3) Play Published file.At reaching last slide say 3rd slide. Presentation state change from "Play" to "Pause"

4) Now revisit 2nd slide. We can see that swf inserted on 2nd slide will play once.

If you have made swf Managed i.e. Adobe Presenter>Manage swf file> Checkbox in front of swf is checked then on revisiting slide 2nd swf will remain pause and will not play. This is because managed swf is controlled from Presentation playbar if Presentation is playbar is pause then swf will also pause.

Regards,

Shubhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources