Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 (5.5.1) update

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5.1 update is now live on Adobe.com:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=98&platform=Macintosh

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=98&platform=Windows

The readme will be posted shortly, and expect the AAM updater to come out in the next week or two. Here's the summary from the readme:

The Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 5.5.1 update fixes issues that were discovered when using Adobe Premiere Pro with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). The update also fixes an issue where XML project files created in Premiere Pro don’t work with DaVinci Resolve.

• MAC: Fixed an issue in Mac OS X 10.7 where the Universal Counting Leader is missing countdown numbers
  • MAC: Fixed an issue where Adobe Premiere Pro would crash upon quitting when running on Mac OS X 10.7
  • WINDOWS: Fixed an issue where the Preview was not functioning properly in the capture panel for HDV
  • Fixed an issue where imported Final Cut Pro XML projects that contain multiple mono clips will lose some audio when project is closed and reopened
  • Fixed an issue where exporting to DVCPRO HD 720p60 QuickTime does not complete with graphic, image or synthetic in the sequence
  • Fixed an issue where a clip is repositioned when a CUDA Invert is applied to the clip
  • Fixed a crash in Adobe Premiere Pro when viewing sequence clip in source monitor
  • Improved scrubbing performance with Canon DSLR files
  • Fixed an issue where Adobe Premiere Pro could not find files after changing location of project
  • Fixed an issue where Adobe Premiere Pro would randomly crash on startup
  • Fixed an issue After Effects comp with a background other than black would result in no alpha transparency when Mercury Playback GPU Acceleration was enabled
  • Fixed an crash in Adobe Premiere Pro if you create a new sequence from After Effects, you had the sequence presets tab in focus and no sequence preset selected
  • Fixed an issue where Adobe MXF files are not readable by Sony XDCAM HD Deck, Final Cut Pro nor Media Composer
  • Fixed an issue where Adobe Premiere Pro’s commit size increases when closed captioning is enabled
  • Fixed an import failure with ProRes files created by ATOMOS with 4 tracks of audio
  • Fixed an issue where MCC files exported from MacCaption with a FrameRate set to 50 or 59.94 fails to display in Adobe Premiere Pro’s Program Monitor when attached to sequences that match their frame rate
  • Fixed a display failure with NVIDIA driver 275.36
  • Fixed a problem with incorrect data written to XML files for AVCIntra exports
  • Fixed an issue when a AVCIntra sequence with an adjust start times exports it has an unsupported string in the “StartTimeCode” tag in the XML
  • Fixed an issue when the Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration enabled, opacity effects are being ignored after second transition
  • Fixed a hang or a crash in Adobe Premiere Pro when loading a merged clip with disabled audio channels
  • Fixed an issue where media from Avid Unity QuickTime reference files are not imported
  • Fixed an issue where XML project files created by Adobe Premiere Pro do not work with DaVinci’s Resolve
  • Fixed an issue where image sequences lose their frame rates
  • Fixed an issue where when adding a transition the edges of the clip are highlighted during the transition

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheri has hit the high points, but there's some more information here:

"Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 (5.5.1) update: bug fixes, including some for Mac OSX v10.7 (Lion) compati...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Sheri's post mentioning Canon DSLR scrubbing, and yours generically mentions DSLR playback and scrubbing. Is the Nikon issue corrected in this? Looking at one of the Nikon DSLRs...

EDIT: Never mind, I answered my own question. The answer is "No." Nikon MOVs (D7000) still stutter like there is no tomorrow.

Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin, the trick of renaming the Nikon .mov files to use the .mpg file-name extnesion should still work. Actually, it should work even better, since the improvements that affect the Canon footage will also affect the Nikon footage decoded along that path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing something odd after updating. Where it used to say CS Review, it now says %NEW_MENU_NAME

Is this a bug?

Any while I'm  talking CS Review, it hasn't worked for me from PPro for sometime now - I click on it and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Six of one, half-dozen of the other. I'm glad to see scrubbing improvements with DSLR (and I presume AVCHD), since that's the bulk of my work these days, but the renaming thing is kind of an annoyance.

Eh... can't have 'em all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big update for anyone using a Canon 5D2 for source footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe folks, nice job! You are to be commended for your efforts to make  Premiere Pro better and better. Your receptivity to input from users is  outstanding. Together we will help enhance this NLE beyond all of our  wildest dreams.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2011 Oct 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated Pre. Pro to cs5.5.1 and i am still unable to use the eye dropper feature. I am ony useing one monitor, and running lion 10.7.1

any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 15, 2011 Oct 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple Google search revealed this

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2011/09/adobe-premiere-pro-cs5-5-update-bug-fixes-mac-osx...

known issues

• On Mac OSX v10.7 (Lion), eyedroppers do not behave correctly in Premiere Pro CS5.5 with the 5.5.1 update installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How in the world could you release this without fixing the NIKON PROBLEM!!!!!!!!! RENAMING IS NOT THE ANSWER! IT WORKS IN 5.0... WHY NOT NOW??   I am truly flabbergasted if this does not fix this problem as is being reported. What is the explanation???!!! We have been patiently waiting for this fix and we were promised it would be fixed. I am rapidly losing faith.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DMHP,

We are still working on fixing that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 5.5.1 - now I have audio problems:

There´s none when running the timeline!

Workaround: click open a new clip in the project, play in source window - voila: audio is back. BUT, in the seqeunce: out of sync!

Philipp

Macpro 4,1 Octa 2x4x2,66 GHz, 32 GB Ram, PP 5.5/Production Premium CS 5.5 Quadro 4000 for Mac, Nvidia-driver 256.02.25f01, cudadriver 4.0.21; Blackmagic´s Decklink studio (Driver: 8.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close your project and Premiere Pro. Find the CFA (conformed audio) files associated with your media; the exact location will depend on how you've set things up in Preferences for media cache locations. Delete these files, along with the PEK (waveform) files. Reopen your project and let the audio reconform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Splash screen and "About Premiere Pro" still indicate v5.5.0 after a successful upgrade!

Should it be indicating 5.5.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked my splash on my PrP CS5.5 and its says 5.5.1. Did you use the right updater (ie retail vs. download)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, definitely.  A dialogue also informed me that it had been successful.

I am receiving sidebyside errors in the Event Viewer  (win 7 x64) - all attributed to Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin.. That did it.  Wonder why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gremlins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded last night without any problems and ran several PPBM5 benchmark runs and I am pleased to say that all the fixes did not affect the performance as far as PPBM5 goes.

Premiere-5.5.1-Banner.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just found an issue that causes eyedroppers to not work correctly on Mac OSX v10.7 (Lion) when the Premiere Pro CS5 (5.5.1) update is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will a patch come soon Todd?  There's no way I can update if I can't chroma-key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Will a patch come soon Todd?

We don't know yet.

Note that this issue with the update and eyedroppers is only relevant to Mac OSX v10.7 (Lion).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd, I'm on OSX but SL, not Lion.   I'd like to install Lion if possible soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines