• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 10.3.183.7 Released

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This release addresses compatibility issues that were encountered with Flash Player 10.3.183.5.  These include:

• Flash Player 10.3.183.5 Shared library/gotoAndPlay() or gotoAndStop() bug (2940617)
  • Textfields are displaying text vertically in 10.3.183.5 release (2941694)
  • Massive Animation Slowdown following install of FP 10.3.183.5 (2941759)
  • Flash Player 10.3.183.5 MSI installers do not install Windows Control Panel applet (2940568)
  • Flash player 10.3 displays a black screen (2943064)
  • Sound repeating and building up bug (2941616)
  • Flash applications at certain websites (http://www.justin.tv, http://heylenmichel.de) now load correctly (2939645, 2944081)

You can download this release from the following pages:

Get Flash Player

Alternate Flash Player Download Page

Google Chrome users

Until Google Chrome is updated with the latest version, advanced users can manually change the version of Flash Player by following this KB article:

I am a developer, designer, or advanced user that creates or tests Flash content. How can I run debu...

Additional details regarding this release can be found here:

Flash Player Release Notes

As always, please let us know if you encounter any difficulties by posting on this thread or over at bugbase.adobe.com.

Developer Note:

Please note that users will not be automatically prompted to download and install this build if they are already at 10.3.183.5.  Users below 10.3.183.5 will be prompted at their normal auto update interval.  If your applications have been effected by an issue with 10.3.183.5, and you'd like to prompt your users to update, we recommend you use SWFObject.  More details on accomplishing this can be found on the following pages:

Detecting Flash Player versions and embedding SWF files with SWFObject2

SWFObject Documentation

SWFObject: Javascript Flash Player detection and embed script

TOPICS
Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

I am using the previous version before this latest release.   that version will not work in windows IE ver 9 with the 32 bit (I have a 64 bit HP pavillion laptop)

I was able to download chrome and firefox web browsers, and can use the previous version, to view video problem free with youtube as well as other websites--still cannot in windows IE.

With the release of .7---should I install this or is it still causing bugs?

if yes, which windows IE browser should I use, the  32 bit or 64?

Should I uninstall it using the adobe uninstaller, or use my computers add/remove programs?

if you could provide some insight that would be helpful.  I dont want to download this if its going to cause more problems

thanks

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry,  I have windows 7 home premium OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JP,

Take a look at this post and let me know if it helps:

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

thanks---when I loaded the .5 version of flash player, the one just before this new one,  I did get the version listed in the box on the about page.  so I know that is OK, and the addon must be enabled.

I have the active x filtering not selected. so that cannot be the issue.  I am using windoes 7 HPrem OS and windows IE ver 9 256bit--which I am assuming is the 32 bit, as there is another icon for the 64bit, and I am not using that.

the problem I have is with that last version, I can only view video in you tube.  any other websites, I try, the video is either a black screen or blank, and I see no video, but I hear sound.

the only workaround I had, was downloading FF browser, and I was able to use that to view video and sound from other sites.

What I am wondering, is it OK to download this new release, and do I use my windows IE ver 9 256 bit to do it?  and should I uninstall first?

which method to uninstall--adobes uninstaller, or my computers version?

I am not a technical user, but I just want to be able to view video, the way I had done before this, without using multiple browsers.

please let me know when you can, as I know you must be getting hammered with requests, but I appreciate whatever you can tell me, based on what I shared.

thanks for giving me the links to the posts, but from what I can see, because I can see my adobe version in my about page, and I have activex filtering unchecked----those dont seem to be the reason why this doesnt work in windows IE ver 9

regards

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JP,

Thanks for clarifying.  The following document describes basic troubleshooting steps when encountering playback problems with Flash video.  It also details the information that you can submit to Adobe that will be critical for us to properly debug issues:

Troubleshoot, report Flash Player video playback issues

Would you mind giving this a try to see if it helps?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Animanation Slowdown just got slightly wrost when i installed 10.3.183.7 (I even cleaned flashplayer/does not start fast anymore now is just slow) reinstalled did not work (I even tryed on my old and new computer same thing happen) Please fix it completely

I currently using the latest beta of flash player which is Stable Speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

valeman31 wrote:

The Animanation Slowdown just got slightly wrost when i installed 10.3.183.7 (I even cleaned flashplayer/does not start fast anymore now is just slow) reinstalled did not work (I even tryed on my old and new computer same thing happen) Please fix it completely

I currently using the latest beta of flash player which is Stable Speed.

Thanks for the feedback.  Can you post the URL were you're seeing the slowdown?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any flash game i play on any computer.

I am Currently using Flashplayer 11 Beta 2 (Which is x3 faster than the latest versions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

valeman31 wrote:

Any flash game i play on any computer.

If these are online games, can you post a URL where you are seeing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2011 Aug 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont need URL

All the Flash Games i play on all sites lags (Battleon Games)(PokemonTCGO)

I even try the older version of 10.3 .181 it got stable speed just like Flashplayer 11.0.1.98 BETA 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the following in the list of konw issues (since 10.3.183.5)..! When can we expect a fix for this?

• Child SWFs such as Flex modules,  including resource modules, fail to load in certain instances when the  SWF location is specified as a URL parameter.  See http://www.adobe.com/go/resourcemoduleissue for more information.

Thanks

Pradeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

freeze,  read tread:http://forums.adobe.com/thread/891176

can write the registry key for delete manualy the old version?

and how to give admin permission in windows xp

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kprmca wrote:

I found the following in the list of konw issues (since 10.3.183.5)..! When can we expect a fix for this?

• Child SWFs such as Flex modules,  including resource modules, fail to load in certain instances when the  SWF location is specified as a URL parameter.  See http://www.adobe.com/go/resourcemoduleissue for more information.

Thanks

Pradeep

Do you have a swf or link you can share were this issue is occurring?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kprmca wrote:

• Child  SWFs such as Flex modules,  including resource modules, fail to load in  certain instances when the  SWF location is specified as a URL  parameter.  See http://www.adobe.com/go/resourcemoduleissue for more information.

Thanks

Pradeep

Do you have a swf or link you can share were this issue is occurring?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

Sorry i can't share that SWF... but i can explain what that SWF is trying to do

My  Application will load different child SWFs using SWFLoader. for example

am trying to load xyz.swf file along with this resourcemodule..

i.e. xyz.swf?resourceModuleURLs=es_ES_ResourceModule.swf&localeChain=es_ES

this worked for me till i install 10.3.183.5!

Thanks

Pradeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a few notes and comments/open questions.

> Please note that users will not be automatically prompted to download and install this build if they are already at 10.3.183.5.

If the update is not automatically prompted on all systems, then why distributing it at all?

> Users below 10.3.183.5 will be prompted at *their* normal auto update interval.

What is *our* "normal auto update interval"? The control panel does not allow reading or setting this preference!

The preference "check for updates automatically (recommended)" hardly ever worked for us.

We expect to be prompted when the update has been detected, downloaded, and ready to be installed.

However, we learn about the existence of updates via the press, and have to install manually!

Further, the button "check now" redirects to a web page that does *not* include a download.

> If your applications have been effected by an issue with 10.3.183.5,

> and you'd like to prompt your users to update, [omissis]

You are clearly doing every conceivable effort to make it hard for us to update.

Please change.

M.A.S.T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M.A.S.T. wrote:

We have a few notes and comments/open questions.

> Please note that users will not be automatically prompted to download and install this build if they are already at 10.3.183.5.

If the update is not automatically prompted on all systems, then why distributing it at all?

> Users below 10.3.183.5 will be prompted at *their* normal auto update interval.

What is *our* "normal auto update interval"? The control panel does not allow reading or setting this preference!

The preference "check for updates automatically (recommended)" hardly ever worked for us.

We expect to be prompted when the update has been detected, downloaded, and ready to be installed.

However, we learn about the existence of updates via the press, and have to install manually!

Further, the button "check now" redirects to a web page that does *not* include a download.

> If your applications have been effected by an issue with 10.3.183.5,

> and you'd like to prompt your users to update, [omissis]

You are clearly doing every conceivable effort to make it hard for us to update.

Please change.

M.A.S.T.

Hi M.A.S.T,

We're distributing this because many buisinesses were impacted by compatibility problems with the past release.  Flash Player's auto update mechanism is staggered, with an individual system checking for updates periodically.  The Global Notificiations Settings panel should allow you to change the interval, if you find this isn't working as expected please feel free to add a new bug over at bugbase.adobe.com

While pushing every update to all systems sounds optimal, we are aware that this action, especially shortly after a previous release, can cause confusion and trepidation with a large number of users.  We're working to resolve this, and will hopefully have a new solution in place in a future release.

We do have a blog/feed that will be updated when releases occur.  I apologize that it wasn't updated immediately for this last release, but we've rectified that and now have it as a step on our release checklist.  Please see the following FAQ for more details:

Is there a way to be automatically notified when a new Flash Runtime release is made?

As for purposely trying to make it difficult for you to upgrade I can assure you that's exactly the opposite of what we want.  For many users, they will get the 183.7 release as part of their normal upgrade cycle.  If your site is impacted by the 183.5 issues, then adding the version check via SWFObject should be straight forward.  If it isn't, please let me know.  The more details you can give the better.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2011 Aug 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe introduced a locally installed preference panel with flash v 10.3. Therefore, it is not clear to us why would anyone want to (1) open the internet browser again, (2) connect to an Adobe's site again, (3) connect to the "Global Settings Panel" in that site again, and finally (4) set one's own *local* preference for the timing of automatic update check.

Further, if one opens Adobe's local preference panel, and explicitly checks for updates, the panel ought to display the latest version number in addition to the installed version, with no need to click a button that automatically opens the internet browser and connects to an Adobe's page.

We remark that the above two procedures are not one and the same. The first is concerned with setting the timing of automatic update check, the latter is concerned with manually checking for updates.

Finally, if one wants or needs to update *now*, why being forced to wait 7 days? One ought to be able to set this preference to "every day", if one wants or needs to, and be prompted when ready to install, letting the system download the update automatically, with no need to follow links on the internet.

Such simple problems have been around for a long time now, and also are the underlying cause of security problems. Related problems of functionality and security affect the pdf Reader, because the updates to flash player are not immediately followed by a corresponding update of the built-in flash player in the Reader. It would be wise to either remove the built-in flash engine from the pdf reader, allowing people to select an external engine, or blend the flash plugin and pdf reader plugin into one, and ensure that this single plug-in is always up to date.

Best regards,

M.A.S.T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M.A.S.T. wrote:

Adobe introduced a locally installed preference panel with flash v 10.3. Therefore, it is not clear to us why would anyone want to (1) open the internet browser again, (2) connect to an Adobe's site again, (3) connect to the "Global Settings Panel" in that site again, and finally (4) set one's own *local* preference for the timing of automatic update check.

Further, if one opens Adobe's local preference panel, and explicitly checks for updates, the panel ought to display the latest version number in addition to the installed version, with no need to click a button that automatically opens the internet browser and connects to an Adobe's page.

We remark that the above two procedures are not one and the same. The first is concerned with setting the timing of automatic update check, the latter is concerned with manually checking for updates.

Finally, if one wants or needs to update *now*, why being forced to wait 7 days? One ought to be able to set this preference to "every day", if one wants or needs to, and be prompted when ready to install, letting the system download the update automatically, with no need to follow links on the internet.

Such simple problems have been around for a long time now, and also are the underlying cause of security problems. Related problems of functionality and security affect the pdf Reader, because the updates to flash player are not immediately followed by a corresponding update of the built-in flash player in the Reader. It would be wise to either remove the built-in flash engine from the pdf reader, allowing people to select an external engine, or blend the flash plugin and pdf reader plugin into one, and ensure that this single plug-in is always up to date.

Best regards,

M.A.S.T.

You bring up some great points and suggestions.  I know I'd personally like to see all of the functionality you mentioned for the native (local) control panel added.  One thing to keep in mind is that the control panel is only available for older operating systems, so those users will need to continue using the html setting pages.

If you're up for it, we'd like to have this feedback in our bug/feature database.  Please feel free to create new requests over at bugbase.adobe.com.  If you can post back with the URL I'll make sure I vote and pass it around internally.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2011 Sep 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature request is now available at the following address:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2960407

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2011 Sep 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature request is now available at the following address:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2960407

Adobe closed the above "feature request" saying that it is "not a bug"... To lighten up the treasure hunt, the html page now includes a link to download the latest version. The control panels remain a mess, both the installed one and the remote one, the updates will continue to be applied by hand, the swf plugin in Acrobat will continue to be out of sync and both open to security attacks...

In July we spotted a Mac OS 10 with Acrobat 8 that did not want to upgrade. The Acrobat page did not want to list version 10, so we had to force the right update by hand, via the usual treasure hunt to bypass the faulty automatic selection.

Another problem, related to flash, is that the Acrobat plugin stopped working with the introduction of Safari 5.1 on Mac OS 10.7.1.

None of the above problems is in the agenda for Flash 11, and its pre-release does not introduce solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version still shows the same known mouse cursor issues on Safari 5.1:

- once a cursor has been hidden with Mouse.hide there's no way to bring it back with Mouse.show

- custom native cursors (MouseCursorData) remain unavailable on Safari 5.1

Is there any chance that these bugs are going to be fixed in the near future, and, if yes, when?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iroesler wrote:

This version still shows the same known mouse cursor issues on Safari 5.1:

- once a cursor has been hidden with Mouse.hide there's no way to bring it back with Mouse.show

- custom native cursors (MouseCursorData) remain unavailable on Safari 5.1

Is there any chance that these bugs are going to be fixed in the near future, and, if yes, when?

There are a number of fixes for mouse cursors going into our future releases.  I would strongly recommend either entering new bugs (if ones do not exist) or voting for existing bugs at bugbase.adobe.com.  If you haven't already, you might want to give our beta 2 release a try to see if it resolves some of the problems.

Bug 2918699 - [Platform_Mac] [Lion 10.7] Custom native mouse cursor isn't animating properly on Mac 10.7 .

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - Thank you, Chris.  Your clear communication and screenshots removed the guesswork and soothed the disposition of this weary user.  For 2 weeks I've stumbled long with no Flash Player while I tried every fix published in this forum. I just got Flash Player 10.3.183.7 to work after following these instructions: Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9.  You're a lifesaver and we appreciate your efforts on our behalf!

I'm using 32-bit IE9 with Vista.

Note to fellow users:  I almost disregarded this fix because I'd tried an earlier one with instructions to flip from 'Disabled' to 'Enable'.  The first fix didn't help because I was already 'Enabled'.  I knew I couldn't come whining to the forum unless I'd tried every suggestion so I followed the instructions in Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9 and to my surprise I was 'Disabled'.  Just 'Enable' and Bob's your Uncle!

Am I the only one surprised at our dependence on Flash Player?  I'd say 8 of 10 websites wanted to install it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I have tried everything you have sent, every link, but I cannot get it to work in windows IE ver 9 256 bit--I do not have a 32 bit, I have the 256 bit and a 64 bit.

I cannot download one from MS because when I do, it tells me it is not compatible with my 32/64 bit OS

so, I am able to view video perfectly on everysite in firefox browser, but not in IE----in IE I get sound and no picture, or flashes of pictures

shockplayer is enabled, and activex filtering is disabled

what else can I do to get it to work in IE?  do you have a link for a 32 bit browser ver 9?  all I have is a 256 bit ver 9 browser and that was after IE updated a few monthsago

Pleaes give me whatever info you can, but I have tried everything, and nothing works

regards

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines