• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set one page per spread in CS4?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2011 Sep 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble finding how to set one page per spread while using the Smart Text Reflow in CS4.  Please help.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

I don't use Smart Text Reflow, so I don't know for sure, but I would NOT expect to get a two page spread EVER in a non-facing document UNLESS page shuffling is turned off for either the spread or the document as a whole.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand the question.

If you want all spreads to be a single page, go back to Document Setup and uncheck facing pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that I have Smart Text Reflow unchecked in Preferences AND Facing Pages unchecked in Document Setup and STILL I get facing pages when I click Pages>Insert Pages...

The light just went on.  When using Insert Pages, I need to specify At End of Document instead of After Page.  I didn't realize that After Page also means "in the same spread."  I thought unchecking Facing Pages in Document Setup took care of it without also having to select At End of Document.  That raises another issue if I want to insert a new spread between two pre-existing spreads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Smart Text Reflow, so I don't know for sure, but I would NOT expect to get a two page spread EVER in a non-facing document UNLESS page shuffling is turned off for either the spread or the document as a whole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither do I and neither would I, but I figured looking at that master might be something to do.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'll bet you a cup of coffee next time I see you that it's page shuffling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man....I'm just guessing but I think next time lunch is on me.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page shuffling was turned off.  I guess I need to learn about what page shuffling really does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When page shuffling is allowed, page order is rearranged when you move a page or add or delete a page in the middle someplace, and the number of pages in a spread is preserved.

There are occasions, though, when you might want to change that behavior. One example is when adding a third fold-out page on a spread. Another might be if you are making a multi-panel folded brochure and you want to make each panel a separate page rather than using one very wide page (this would be useful if there were going to be both printed and online versions). By disallowing shuffling you can stick more pages together in a spread, up to 10 per spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  That is very helpful.  Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the masters may be two pages. Change that to one page.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BobLevine wrote:

Sounds like the masters may be two pages.

Good thought. That would happen if the file was changed from facing to non-facing. I've never seen it result in a two-page spread whn adding a page normally -- all pages in the doc would normally just use the right half of a two page master, but STR behaves in mysterious ways.

Are you getting the second page attached to the one which is continuing, or in front of the following page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the comment.  The masters were NOT set for facing pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2012 Feb 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i am having trouble with the face page as well. I am trying to view my slideshow but every time i do, it tells me to go to document set up uncheck the box, but the box is not checked...can you please help. I have been trying to figure this out for a long time and i need to finish my clients magazine asap...

Dotty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2012 Feb 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dotty, what version of InDesign are you using? If it isn't CS4, please start a new discussion and provide complete details.

In either case, please post a screen capture of the document showing the Pages panel. Use the camera icon onthe web page to embed it into a post like this:

CameraIcon.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines