• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adob3 My applications are broken with FMS 4.5

Enthusiast ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the following in my server side script......I've been using these for years but they don't seem to work in FMS 4.5 do I have to upgrade my scripts to continue using them or are these still available? I can't google anything on them so please shed some light on this. I'm going to continue digging into FMS 4.5 in attempt to fix this without a SSAS rewrite. For anybody who is intrested I will be reporting back to this thread when i resolve this issue.        

load("framework.asc");
load("netservices.asc");

gFrameworkFC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Brian, you're the only person that can tag this post as answered. Points aren't that important, making sure others are pointed in the right direction is though

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Sep 17, 2011 Sep 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for trying FMS 4.5.

No changes have gone in to this part of the server. The scripts should work just fine. Can you please let me know what's the issue here ? Are the scripts not loading at all or are there any errors blocking the load ?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the errors i get are the paths and file names to the framework and netservices correct? This server side script works fine in FMS 3.5 and 3.0. What is the path and names of the files for  framework.asc and netservices.asc or equvilent on FMS 4.5? I usually can find these within  the FMS installation directories but I can't find them anymore.

load("framework.asc");
load("netservices.asc");

gFrameworkFC

Sending error message: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4.5\applications\test\main.asc: line 251: ReferenceError: gFrameworkFC is not defined

Sending error message: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4.5\applications\test\main.asc: line 103: ReferenceError: gFrameworkFC is not defined

Sending error message: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4.5\applications\test\main.asc: line 251: ReferenceError: gFrameworkFC is not defined

Sending error message: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4.5\applications\test\main.asc: line 103: ReferenceError: gFrameworkFC is not defined

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why these files are missing, they should not be. I will track that problem. Meanwhile, can we try few quick things please ?

1. Did you check the scriptlib directory under FMS installation to see if the script files are already present ?

2. Copy the script files from FMS 3.5 installation (if you still have it somewhere running) and keep them in the same place on 4.5 as they were on 3.5. Did you try this already ?

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following files in  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4.5\scriptlib

(folder) webservices>>>>>>my target file framework.asc is not in any of these folders but as you can see below netservices is there.

NetServices.as

netservices.asc

RecordSet.as

RsDataProviderClass.as

Could you give me a link to fms 3.5 or  4.0 so I can install it in VM and extract the file?. I upgraded the old and as you know most of the files were deleted(next time i test new FMS within VM)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the code of framework.asc. Save it in scriptlib and see if it helps. Thank you !

try { var dummy = gFrameworkFC; } catch ( e ) { // #ifndef gFrameworkFC

// Create the global framework object singleton. This will

// serve as a place to hold various global framework objects

gFrameworkFC = new Object();    //

// A utility routine to convert an object into an array

// USE WITH CARE! In general it is only meant to be used

// for converting arguments into a real array so concat()

// works properly.

gFrameworkFC.__toarray__ = function(obj) {

if ( typeof(obj) != "object" || obj.constructor == Array || obj["length"] == null )

return obj;

var a = new Array(obj.length)

for ( var i = 0; i < obj.length; i++ )

a = obj;

return a;

}

////////////////////////////////

// Load all core framework files

load( "application.asc" );    // Load the ApplicationWrapper

load( "facade.asc" );          // Load the component facade

// The next available client id.

gFrameworkFC.nextClientID = 0;

// Setup a 'per client global storage' area so that different components

// can share per client data without having to attach it to the client

// object.

gFrameworkFC.clientGlobals = new Object();

// Accessor for client globals

gFrameworkFC.getClientGlobals = function(client) {

return this.clientGlobals[client.__ID__];

}

// A component is available only if its constructor function

// is registered here. For e.g. consider a chat component called

// FCChat, then gFrameworkFC.components["FCChat"] == FCChat.

gFrameworkFC.components = new Object();

// Register a component

gFrameworkFC.registerComponent = function(name, componentClass) {

gFrameworkFC.components[name] = componentClass;

// Setup ourselves as a listener on the actual app object

gFrameworkFC.application.addListener( componentClass );

componentClass.onAppStop = function() {

var result = true;

if ( this.instances != null )

for (var i in this.instances)

if ( this.instances["onAppStop"] != null ) {

var result1 = this.instances.onAppStop();

if ( result1 != null )

result = result && result1;

}

return result;

}

componentClass.onDisconnect = function(client) {

if ( this.instances != null )

for ( var i in this.instances )

if ( this.instances["onDisconnect"] != null )

this.instances.onDisconnect(client);

}

}

trace( "Communication Framework loaded successfully." );

} // #endif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think now u will be requiring the other files as well (facade.asc and etc).

FMS 3.5 should be in the download section on adobe.com. Else i need to zip the scriptlib directory and send that to you. Mail me @ npkalyan@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are my current errors I'm going to go attempt to download 3.5 and get the scriptlib. While I do that do you identify something else I need to do from the below error?

Sending error message: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4.5\applications\test\main.asc: line 103: TypeError: gFrameworkFC.getClientGlobals(client) has no properties

Sending error message: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4.5\applications\test\main.asc: line 251: TypeError: gFrameworkFC.getClientGlobals(oldClient) has no properties

checking client status... 80

Sending error message: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4.5\applications\test\main.asc: line 103: TypeError: gFrameworkFC.getClientGlobals(client) has no properties

Sending error message: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4.5\applications\test\main.asc: line 251: TypeError: gFrameworkFC.getClientGlobals(oldClient) has no properties

checking client status... 80

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the pain to download 3.5 for the scriptlib.

The errors are all due to the missing files from scriptlib. AFAIK, these files are not to be deprecated, I would find out if they are removed or really 'missing'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will redownload and install  FMS 4.5  in VM. I doubt it but maybe my machine is comprimised and somebody deleted files to mess with me. Time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not the case, I have already checked a local copy of 4.5 on my machine and the script files are not present. So your 4.5 installation was correct (sorry i missed to confirm this previously).

As i said, AFAIK, these files are not to be deprecated, I would find out if they are removed or really 'missing'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm are you an adobe employee? How am i supposed to find out if adobe  actually removed them? I've been searching this problem all weekend on google and adobe.com and there is exactly zero information on it. What should I do ? PS zip and send scriptlib I cannot download FMS 3.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would help in finding out why they are not added on 4.5. I am unable to attach zip files in the forum. You might have to provide me other alternatives. my mail is npkalyan@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i emailed you already with my primary email  however here is my secondary. Sometimes my other email has problems getting into highly secure mail servers as it is a private domain and might appear as spam  calm_chess_player@yahoo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it works! Thanks for you support. Please find a defenitive answer to this issue or tell me how to contact somebody whom can answer this question. If those files have been purposly removed then I need to start researching how to rewrite my scripts. I have 6 customers that use some form of the main.asc that I'm having problems with. I need to warn them or offer to upgrade them. I smell work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have responsed on your private mail.

For the information to the rest of the poeple here, it seems the files have been depreacated on 4.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time. I will warn my customers that they cannot upgrade to FMS 4.5. I await an update to the information you provided in my private message  so i can begin to rewrite these scripts. Unfortunately I cannot give you points. I'm trying to catch you on the ladder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped adding these files in from 4.0 if I remember correctly. You have to copy them over from previous installations. These scripts are so ancient, and they will never be updated from my understanding. Depreciated or not.

My suggestion would be to move on from them and create your own framework. Although there is the age old saying of "if it aint broke then don't fix it".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upgrade but you have to manually copy over the files. It should work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 18, 2011 Sep 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Graeme I'll inform my customers of my ignorance when I created that main.asc and tell them how to upgrade. The script does continue to work after coping the correct files that it needs from FMS 3.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

@ Greame , There are few scripts that are removed on 4.0 (the components section especially) , and some more are removed this time in 4.5

I have not checked the doc actively, but please let us know if this has not been documented properly.

Thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For most it comes as a very large surprise. I have no idea if that point is in the docs, I've never seen it, can you find it easily in there? Luckily Adobe keeps the past versions on their site and it's just a matter of going to go get them (a pain, but that's the cost of maintaining ancient code I guess).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian, you're the only person that can tag this post as answered. Points aren't that important, making sure others are pointed in the right direction is though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Adobe I'm trying to tell my customers how to modify  FMS 4.5  so they can use the scripts as I've posted above this post however I and they are concearned that if we take FMS 3.5 files and put them on FMS 4.5 that we will break their TOS/Liscense Agreement. What are the legal issues we need to be concearned with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines