• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to connect multiple NOOKs to one PC for library ePub books

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife and I each have a NOOK Touch. We download books from our public library account using Overdrive Media to our individual PCs and into ADE. We then attach our NOOKs to our individual PCs and download the library books. Everything works fine if we have two PCs....one for each of us.

When we travel, we take one PC with us. We can still both log-in and access our individual library accounts from one PC. But we need to transfer from the library into individual ADE accounts (to ensure managing the digital rights). Does ADE support multiple accounts?

When we want to transfer our download to our NOOKs, only one is authorized. ADE is in the middle of this also.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You either have to both be using the same AdobeID, or set up a seperate OS user account for each of you on the PC that you take with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2011 Sep 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply Jim.

We would prefer to set up two accounts on the one traveling computer. Does ADE support multiple users...or must I install a second copy of ADE for the second user. If that is the case, I need to somehow point my library download to the appropriate copy of ADE. Any hints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE does not support having multiple AdobeIDs.  So to handle multiple AdobeIDs on the same computer you must use seperate OS level user accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Jim.

Just to make sure I understand what you are saying......I must have two user accounts withing Windows 7. No problem...let's call them user 1 and user 2. I will have only one installed instance of ADE.

I have two situations.....

If I am logged in as user 1, for example, when I download my library EPUB books, will the files will go to the appropriate (user 1) Adobe ID account on ADE ?

If I am logged in as user 1, when I dock my NOOK to the PC, will ADE recognize it as a user 1 authorized device, or will it confuse it as user 2 's NOOK ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AdobeID that is activated is stored in preferences by ADE per OS user (ie in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER ).   So if you are logged in as User 1 with (and activated to AdobeID 1), and have a nook (nook 1) that is activated to AdobeID 1 (which is a totally seperate thing from your B&N account btw), you will be able to transfer files back and forth as long as the files are licensed to AdobeID 1. 

If however you plugin in a nook (nook 2) that is activated to AdobeID 2 - you will be able to see the files and view them - however you will not be able transfer files back and forth (you will get a no permissions to copy files error).

Similiarly, if you login as user 2 (activated with AdobeID 2) you will be able to transfer files back and forth to nook 2 (as long as the files are licened to AdobeID 2), and will be able to see content on nook1 but not be able to transfer content.

When you are downloading content from your public library, which AdobeID the content is licensed to, will depend upon if you are logged in as user 1 or user 2 when you are using the website - so if you want the content on nook 2 make sure you are logged in as user 2.

It is also worth noting that the ADE libraries will be seperate for each user as well (it's in each user's  "My Documents" folder ) - so files you add to user's 2 library will not automatically show up in user 1's library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2011 Sep 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim...great answer.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2014 Feb 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have poured through multiple threads and done about a hundred different combinations to get ebooks I've downloaded from the library onto two separate nooks (one simple touch, the other a nook color). I cannot, however, figure it out.

I keep getting a 'no permission to copy the book' message. After creating a separate OS user on my computer, I still get the same message. I've now created an adobeID and still get the same message. I have no problem downloading onto my simple touch, but cannot get any books on the color.

I've also authorized the computer, and still no luck. When I switch between OS users, it seems they are both linked to the same ADE, so I cannot use a separate adobeIDs. Whenever I'm logged in as "user 1" and delete ADE, it's also deleted in the "user 2" profile.

I thought authorzing a computer would allow multiple devices to be used, yet everywhere I look this doesn't seem to the be the case.

Please help, I'm beyond frustrated. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines