Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem in managing embedded SWF with Presenter 7.07.7746

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been working on how Adobe Presenter may be used in our e-learning project.

My Configuration Info:

Windows 7 Professional

Flash CS4

Powepoint 2010

Presenter 7.07.7746 ( I upgraded today)

Flash Player 10.3

--------------------------

I made so many tests with Presenter 7.07. But the problem exists. The problem is:

When I make simple swf animation including only a basic tween, it plays correctly with standalone player. When I embed the SWF into Powerpoint via Presenter's Insert SWF command and publish it plays correctly again. Unfortunately, when I check the Manage SWF command the published animation is seen choppy. I tried publishing with all versions of flash ( 6,7,8,9,10) and AS2, AS3. I could not find any solution to this problem. I will be very glad if anyone guides me on the solution of this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Tugrul TASCI

Sakarya University Distance Education Center ( Turkey)

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter 7.0.6 and older should take SWF files for Flash Player 8 (AS2). Presenter 7.0.7 should take SWF files for Flash Player 9 (AS3), as indicated by the product spec page listed here: http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/systemreqs/

As to your SWF file playing choppy when you associate it with the presentation play bar, it is most likely be cause Presenter runs at 30 FPS and your SWF runs at a different FPS rate (but is forced to 30 FPS by Presenter). Re-publish your SWF from Flash at 30FPS and you should see your SWF play fine when associated with the presentation play bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUPERB answer, Jorma.

I was going to say the same thing! YOU ARE GOOD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps to have seen a Presentation or two (thousand)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2011 Sep 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast answer Jorma. Unfortunately, I already published the SWF with 30 FPS.

I published for all Flash Players and all versions of ActionScript. There was no change. The problem continues occuring. I think this is a bug of Presenter.

The problem is related managing SWFs within Presenter. If you don't check "Manage SWF" there is no problem.

I made a demo with Articulate Presenter and it was successful. I decide to use Articulate Presenter in developing our courses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2011 Sep 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast answer Jorma. Unfortunately, I already published the SWF with 30 FPS.

I published for all Flash Players and all versions of ActionScript. There was no change. The problem continues occuring. I think this is a bug of Presenter.

The problem is related managing SWFs within Presenter. If you don't check "Manage SWF" there is no problem.

I made a demo with Articulate Presenter and it was successful. I decide to use Articulate Presenter in developing our courses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I've not seen this issue and neither I am able to repro this.

Wanted to add few points to it:-

If frames in your swf are more than frames of your presentation i.e. slide time is 5 sec then number of frames is 150 (5*30) in your slide, so if your swf have more than 150 frames and you have set it manage then presentation will stop at 150th frame of your swf (because swf will be completely manged with presentation playbar)and you will not be able to see complete swf playing.To see swf playing completely; adjust slide duration from Adobe Presenter>Settings>Playback>Slide duration and set it according to number of frames in swf.

If your query is still not resolved;I suggest you send us swf fr investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources