Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp activated on machine that's in landfill

Sep 20, 2011 Sep 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the other machine really isn't in a landfill, but it went to the recycling center months ago and had an activated version of RH 8 on it. I had already installed it on my next PC, but since Adobe lets you have two versions activated, nobody paid attention to it. Now I need my second copy for my laptop to take work home, and I can't activate it. Anyone know how to deactivate a version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to have to contact Adobe Support - there's no deactivation that you can do. They need to reset your license back to 2 copies again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff's is the better solution but you could deactivate the work machine, activate the laptop, work, reverse those steps. It might be quicker for a one off situation.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was going to do the deactivate/activate method, but I ended up calling and telling them the situation. They were able to get it activated on my laptop, so I've got two activated copies again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp