• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add tooltip text to a Custom Toolbar Item (attached to Skin)

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of a quick way of creating tooltip text when you hover over a custom button?

I have created a Feedback button. I want the button to be labelled "Feedback" but would like the hover text to say something like " Send email to Support".

There is an OnMouseOver option but I can't work how to make this happen, or if this way is actually a valid option.

Thanks very much.

Emma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2011 Sep 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of button did you create? Did add a form button or an image? For a form button you need to use some JavaScript, see http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/?whichScript=form-field-tooltip

The OnMouseOver option requires JavaScript and you cannot simply add a title.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

I created a new toolbar button in the Web Skin Editor.

The link provided no longer links to a valid page - just says Page Does Not Exist.

Thanks,

Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm... Google "form field tooltip", The link pointed to the second result I got.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if adding an image to the button to indicate eMail would do the job?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure an image would do the job. Thanks for your suggestion. I guess it's now more a matter of curiosity and a 'nice to have' if it can be done.

Cheers,

Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp